Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all, I've been posting in a different topic about this for a couple of weeks as new a new recall was out but not showing . Yesterday seat confirmed it's now live and has been tested on all vwg brands and works, so if you have the 1.5 petrol engines faults then this latest recall is now available for the update to the engine and it's showing at dealers now on the systems , hope this solves the issues at last.

·
Registered
118 Posts
nick1978 said:
... this latest recall is now available for the update...
Isn't this the only recall for the engine Fault that VAG have been denying exists?

Has it been confirmed that it's a recall for the engine fault or are we assuming that's what it's for?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I took my car into the garage yesterday over another issue (SOS button fault). They said it was live and was going to do the 'fix' aswell as the original problem. My car is still in the garage due to problems and they are not happy with it so i wont get it back till next week 😥😥 wont know anymore until i go back for my car 😥😥

·
Registered
52 Posts
Collecting my new 1.5 petrol on Thursday morning. Called down at the garage this morning to finalise a few details. I asked about the latest update and ECU recall, was told that everything had already been updated this morning. Fingers crossed for a smooth vehicle on collection.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Answer from Seat:
Geachte heer xxx,

Dank u voor de aankoop van een nieuwe SEAT Tarraco die in mei in het verkeer werd gesteld.
Een nieuwe software die het verschijnsel dat u beschrijft moet bijwerken is op komst.
Er is evenwel geen termijn bekend betreffende de vrijgave.
Bijgevolg zie ik me genoodzaakt u te vragen om tot dan geduld te willen uitoefenen.
Inmiddels, teken ik,

met vriendelijke groeten

Translated:
Dear Mr. xxx,

Thank you for purchasing a new SEAT Tarraco that was put into circulation in May.
A new software that needs to update the phenomenon you describe is coming.
However, there is no known deadline for the release.
Consequently, I am forced to ask you to be patient until then.
Meanwhile, I draw,

Yours sincerely

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Loads of people have the recall letters now and its being sent out to others however I strong word of warning, because of the reviews I do with all brands long story , it's a known fact that 2 faults lay with the engines one is loss of power and 2 is the jumping in gears, and the latest update only fixes one of the faults , still no fix for the other one, so much so that last week our seat tarraco xcellence first edition 1.5 manual petrol 5 weeks old under 1000 miles was written off by seat as they can't fix it , and we have agreed for the same model in the 2.0tdi as only 2 left in UK as don't build them anymore, should be arriving at dealer this week as seat moving it for from another dealer, very lucky I kept on top of this and knew what to do and say, seat picking up the full costs on this one, so be warned about the update some will work but if you have both faults, sadly still no fix and i would look at a rejection but sadly if you have the xcellence first edition models , and want to try and swap to the diesel model , only one left.in uk and its the cam green colour , all recalls are.now showing on vosa I'm.told

·
Registered
14 Posts
My sos button seems to be fully functioning properly now (touch wood). Now the dealer said they did the update but im still getting jumps then dying for yhe first half hour to hour of my journey, depending on the route i take. Think my dealer will think im nuts if i tell them its still not working properly 😥

·
Registered
87 Posts
After having the first (second?) interim fix applied in August I haven't really encountered any issues with kangarooing although things still don't feel quite right. It's as though the car knows it's about to hesitate and does something else, so not really fixed more worked around...

While dealing with Seat UK for reimbursement of costs the information came out about the "final" fix. Seat UK have told me that this is a safety recall and I must drop everything and get it applied as soon as possible. (I suspect that may be because without any fix applied, there's a chance of stalling at a junction and having an accident.)

However having spoken to someone in the service department at my local dealership, they've looked my vehicle up in the system and have said it isn't a safety recall and I can just get it done when the car gets serviced next year.

So I'm now waiting for Seat UK to confirm if it is a must-have fix or not. I'd appreciate getting it fixed if this will resolve the final niggles, but at least it means I don't have to look at faffing around with days off work to get it applied...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Its on the gov.uk website now:

AT LOW ENGINE SPEEDS THE ENGINE PRODUCES INSUFFICIENT TORQUE
Recall number
R/2019/305
Recall date
09-09-2019
Recall type
Safety recall

Reason for recall
Too little torque may be provided by the engine at low engine speeds.

How to check if the vehicle is recalled
Contact the local SEAT dealership or manufacturer. You will not need to pay for anything involving the recall.

How the manufacturer will repair
On the affected vehicles the software of the engine control unit must be updated.

Number of affected vehicles

·
Registered
40 Posts
bobbytoad said:

Recall number
R/2019/305
Recall date
09-09-2019
Recall type
Safety recall

Reason for recall

Contact the local SEAT dealership or manufacturer. You will not need to pay for anything involving the recall.

On the affected vehicles the software of the engine control unit must be updated.

bobbytoad said:

Recall number
R/2019/305
Recall date
09-09-2019
Recall type
Safety recall

Reason for recall

I have just put the registration of the car I returned last week and no recall showing! It was a March build if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've been told that mine can wait until the first service to get sorted, although if I'm going to be near a dealership before then I might get it booked in early... especially if it shows any signs of happening again in the colder weather!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Took mine back to the garage today but they said ecu says there no problems, but it keeps kangarooing and stalling so now im back home waiting for a call back to see when i should take it back so they can keep it over night and see for themselves what its like when its on cold start

·
Registered
118 Posts
Seems to have significantly improved kangarooing - tick-over from cold is static around 1200 revs and the car will basically drive along with foot off the clutch without dropping revs or bouncing

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Our 1.5 had the update and it failed, seat confirmed the update did not work and as such as a good will have taken the petrol model back and we pick the the diesel model this week in xcellence first edition which I'm happy about as only 2 left in UK as limited edition build and they don't make them anymore.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.