Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening folks
I just wanted to give you an update on an extended journey I took today in my 1.5 tsi Tarraco. Journey of over 220 miles and averaged over 41 mpg. I'm pleased with this as the journey consisted of mostly motorway miles with a few back road parts. Drive was mostly on acc sitting around the 70mph mark. I found that the mpg number would creep slightly higher if I dropped the acc to around 65, but overall I would say the average was as expected. See picture below for finer details. I thought I would post this incase anyone is considering this engine and wanted a few real world details compared to Wltp and manufacturer claimed averages.
One thing I would also note, does anybody find wind noise around the front screen and door mirrors to be quite intrusive in the cabin? Not a big deal, just an observation point.

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Slightly off topic but what is the car sign with the timer.
Iv not managed to find this in the book yet

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it has something to do with the acc.

My return journey returned a slightly better average at around 44mpg. I tried setting the acc to 65mph and this was the main difference. I also noticed the wind noise was reduced even when dropping the speed by this small amount. Overall the car is great to drive on a long run, such an effortless cruiser. I was sceptical about the acc and lane assist at first, but it was noticeable what a difference it makes when churning out miles. This is obviously personal opinion and preference, but possibly useful to anyone who hasn't had the chance to do a longer run yet.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.