Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1.5 manual xcellence lux with pan roof and tow bar is one year old today.
I'm a bit anal and have always kept a fuel book on all of my vehicles and I always work out the stats on their anniversary date. ....I know, I need to get out more!
Totals for the first year are....7536 miles, in a normal year I'd do between 10 and 11K. 886litres or 194.89gallons used.
Computer says an average of 39.91mpg, brim to brim average is 38.67mpg.
Pretty pleased with that especially as virtually every tank full has averaged over 40mpg for the last 6 months or so since the weather has got warmer and the engine has got a few more miles on it. There is a (very) small amount of caravan towing included.
Hope that this is interesting to at least one other person! : :lol: :lol:

Edited due to initial miscalculation! :oops:

·
Registered
46 Posts
my little baby has now covered 22K miles in the 13 months since i picked it up. I'm finding very similar MPG figures of 39.8 MPG with the computer showing 41.2

·
Registered
17 Posts
About the same here for my 2 month old Tarraco FR. It's on 5000 miles after a European road trip which sometimes saw as much as 40 MPG over the flatter parts of the journey.

Question to the OP: How do you find the 1.5 TSI for towing? I wasn't going to but I'm tempted to tow a small caravan for an occasional staycation.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Hi there. I have an Eriba van with a gross weight of 1200kg. Because of the situation this year we have not been away in it though I have towed it to my dealer, a total of about 100 miles, for some service work. The van was empty and so was the car so not very representative of real life towing but as it was it towed really well. The extra size of the Tarraco was noticeable and the van certainly felt 'planted'. Fuel consumption was decent with over 30 shown.
Having had 5 years with a Leon ST with virtually the same engine I know that towing is a bit of a compromise. For the 10k miles that I do solo then the car is great, for the 1k towing then I would describe it as adequate. There is not the torque that I had from my diesel Saabs and you need to go down the gearbox a bit more but I have never been in a situation where the car has struggled. Having said that I have stayed in this country and have not done any really demanding trips, if I was going to Spain or over the Alps then I would certainly go with a diesel.
Limited knowledge but I hope that it helps a bit. Hopefully will find out more next year.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the extra info. Useful to know my 1.5TSI would tow adequately. I think much like you my towing mileage could be maybe a very tiny proportion of my mileage.

Although I love the Alps, I don't think I would ever subject myself to towing a caravan across the continent, but I might have a think about a small caravan for UK holidays. Thanks again.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine is a 2.0 TSI Xcellence Lux auto, and it is also a year old. I've got 33mpg which I reckon is pretty good for a car this size

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.