Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says I drove my week old car for the 1st proper drive yesterday and was very impressed.
A 140 mile round trip to the coast.
I used all the toys like ACC and lane assist and all very good indeed.
With the lane assist it was more of a slight resistance if the car was getting near the white lines and not a yank from the car.
Also I was in individual mode with engine set to Eco, Acc and steering to sport and distance set to line 2 which worked very well.
MPG was average 34 so not bad for the 2l TSI

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sparky13 said:
As the title says I drove my week old car for the 1st proper drive yesterday and was very impressed.
A 140 mile round trip to the coast.
I used all the toys like ACC and lane assist and all very good indeed.
With the lane assist it was more of a slight resistance if the car was getting near the white lines and not a yank from the car.
Also I was in individual mode with engine set to Eco, Acc and steering to sport and distance set to line 2 which worked very well.
MPG was average 34 so not bad for the 2l TSI
Sounds good, The longest trip I have done is 100 miles and I averaged 46 mpg

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was tempted for the diesel but I'm only doing around 8k a year so made sense for the petrol.
Good MPG on yours though.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mac1942 said:
Hi Sparky13

I have yet to fit towbar is it best to get the dealer bar fitted ?
Hi Mac1942.
I'll jump in here if I may.

My Tarraco did not have a tow-bar fitted when I bought it. (it was the sales directors car so had loads of goodies on it but no tow-bar).

I opted for a dealer fit set up, and managed to negotiate a deal as part of my purchase as the supply and fit was over £700 from memory.

The dealer fitted set up was the right decision in my opinion as the tow bar is the VW Rotative towbar which tucks itself away when not in use. (see page 332 of the handbook). It operates from a switch installed in the load area, and also links into the car alarm system.

You can buy the set up but it needs coding before use.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Mac as Mcsimmo said I would go for dealer as Iv been told after market towbars are hard to find.
Mine was fitted when car was made so only paid around £650
To get one fitted after you will probably be looking at around £1200 because of labour.
Also if you towing a caravan you will need to supply's from the battery.
I for the fridge and 1 for charging the leisure battery

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sparky13 said:
Hi Mac as Mcsimmo said I would go for dealer as Iv been told after market towbars are hard to find.
Mine was fitted when car was made so only paid around £650
To get one fitted after you will probably be looking at around £1200 because of labour.
Also if you towing a caravan you will need to supply's from the battery.
I for the fridge and 1 for charging the leisure battery
Thanks for your advice from you both. will book it in later in January

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.