Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up yesterday in Aldershot & 1st drive was up to Newcastle M3, M25, M1 & A1M :)
First impressions.
Steering is quite a bit lighter than my old Sorrento.
Love the looks.
The Adaptive cruise is going to take a bit of getting to - with the car slowing itself down (like it's supposed to I guess) with traffic ahead.
During this I had a minor niggle that you needed arms like am orange utan to rest on the centre console - only figured out this was height adjustable when I got back.
Lots of display stuff to get used to.
Most of all very happy with mpg 43.6 MPG - given this literally was first drive - and at my 'normal' rate of progress (ie +10% ish) & I am sure this will improve.

Now - someone tell me how to add an image to posts on here - whenever I press what I think is the photo I just get and img/img text pop up.... :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the petrol version , bought from the same garage.

The screen technology takes quite some getting used to, but it's worth it.

ACC is brilliant, but like lots of the tech on this car, has all sorts of hidden rules and features, like it doesn't want you undertaking.

It's a lovely drive, but after 4000 miles I'm still figuring out how to use it best

Enjoy

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Geordietaff, you'll have lots of fun exploring the gadgets over the next few weeks (or even months. I have mine since October & it's still surprises me! 🤪)
If you go into the full editor press the attachments tab you can then upload images.

Rdc I find if you're undertaking once you see the image with the car on the right on the digital cockpit hit the accelerator and it will maintain the set speed.

D.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Geordietaff said:
You can set the sensibility of the steering yourself when you have the big menu wheel next to the shifter.
Set the wheel on "individual".
Click the settings wheel on the touch screen and you can set some things according to your own needs en wants.
Steering and how the ACC react for instance.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Lovely photos bubbly.
I'm off to South Shields at Easter to see my dad and love the north east coast

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Arno said:
Geordietaff said:
You can set the sensibility of the steering yourself
Haha - I like the idea of setting sensibility steering :lol: :lol:
Made me chuckle that - loads of folks have no sensibility on the roads - like indicators on a BMW that is...

Will check out that for sensitivity though - thanks Arno.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sparky13 said:
Lovely photos bubbly.
I'm off to South Shields at Easter to see my dad and love the north east coast
Thanks Sparky13 - just wanted to grab a couple of quick pics of the new motor & thought no better place - took my dad out for a quick run - fortunately wasnt too busy early on Sunday.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Geordietaff said:
Arno said:
Geordietaff said:
You can set the sensibility of the steering yourself
Haha - I like the idea of setting sensibility steering :lol: :lol:
Made me chuckle that - loads of folks have no sensibility on the roads - like indicators on a BMW that is...

Will check out that for sensitivity though - thanks Arno.
They are synonyms and can be used interchangebly. I think Arno hails from Holland so it is likely a translation from the Dutch equivalent.

#justsayin

·
Registered
65 Posts
@ Tic tac,
You are right, from Holland.
And by the way, Geordietaff, I think my English is better than your Dutch.....
But now I see the difference between sensibility and sensitivity!
🤣🤣🤣
No offense taken!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where did you both get your cars from? Was it SMC Aldershot by any chance? I'm doing the same trip from Newcastle (Gateshead) to Aldershot later this week to collect mine

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jhunter_83 said:
rdc said:
Mine was SMC Aldershot
I'm collecting mine this weekend from them, we're they good to deal with?

Traveling down this weekend from Newcastle
Mine was SMC also, travelled from N.Wales to collect/part ex a Sorento. First weekend was Aldershot -> Newcastle -> North Wales
No problems with SMC from my perpective, although any & all servicing will be local to me.
Everything was done remotely in advance.
SMC had a good price, had the model I wanted coming in, sorted 5yr extended warranty, and initial Seat service plan - which can be used anywhere in the Seat Network.

Hope everything went well with your trip

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes everything went well with collection but you got a good deal with the extended warranty.

My car has a GPS issue that needs to be sorted local to me.

Apart from that it was a good trip and nice drive home

1 - 18 of 18 Posts