Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wondered what sort of mpg people are acheiving with the above engine variant.

We took our Tarraco on holiday last week to West Cork (with roughly 1800km on the clock when we left) and was dissapointed with the economy (Approx 36mpg) on the run down, which was a mix of 2hr motorway (Cruise set at roughly 125km/h) and 1hr on single carriage ways at roughly 80-100km/h.

I did have the roof box fitted for the trip so I suppose that well be part of the issue, although it didn't have a massive impact when i used it on my previous VW Golf, do they have a more significant impact on fuel economy when fitted to SUV?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Downsey,

I'm running at about 8-10 l/100km.... I have the same engine as you and I'd agree I'm a bit disappointed with that

·
Registered
62 Posts
Those fuel economy figures seem very poor. I have a Tarraco 2.0 Tdi 190bhp Xcellence 7 Seat DSG 4DRIVE with 19 inch alloys and permanently drive in eco mode on a comfort setting (that is middle age for you). Pre Covid-19, I was averaging around 1100 km per week, mostly on motorway (124km cruising speed) and R-roads (82km cruising speed). I was getting an average lifetime economy of 39mpg (nerd computed figures as car tends to he a tad optimistic and overstate its economy) halving driven 37,000 km since buying. However, now that one is working from home and only doing small local runouts (38km), the economy has risen to 42mph (car reporting 44mpg).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.