Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Having had the Tarraco since July and cover 3221 miles on the way home on the M6 on Sunday at exactly 3221 miles check oil light came on. Got home, checked oil and it's just under half. Started the car and no warnings.
Yesterday it came back on and now it's on and staying there.
Gonna go top up and see if that helps.

Is this normal?
It's the 150hp dsg tdi

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi all. Having had the Tarraco since July and cover 3221 miles on the way home on the M6 on Sunday at exactly 3221 miles check oil light came on. Got home, checked oil and it's just under half. Started the car and no warnings.
Yesterday it came back on and now it's on and staying there.
Gonna go top up and see if that helps.

Is this normal?
It's the 150hp dsg tdi
Had the same thing, it was the oil filter in the end, apparently they (SEAT) have had no end of problems with dodgy oil filters from their suppliers (QC in the VAG group is always suspect :)) that throw a variety of warnings.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Had the same thing, it was the oil filter in the end, apparently they (SEAT) have had no end of problems with dodgy oil filters from their suppliers (QC in the VAG group is always suspect :)) that throw a variety of warnings.
my petrol would burn between around 1 ltr of oil between services (supposedly normal for VAG cars) and the oil light was normal to pop up at some points to top up. if you don't have any oil to top up with you and you don't wish to have the warning light on your journey.. just open your bonnet for 10 seconds and the close it, this will stop the warning for a while.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,
At 9000 km my oil warning light came on. When I checked my oil was on the minimum. I topped up 0.5 l of oil and everything was OK until I reached 12000 km when my warning light came up again. I topped up 0.5 l again but as I do not find this normal I decided to check with the workshop. Apparently my engine has oil leak from a so called "oil body". I have no idea what exactly is this. Does somebody in here knows?
Also does anybody has similar problems with oil leaks?
My Tarraco is MY 2021 2.0 TDI 200 PS.
Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.