Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Thinking to purchase the Tarraco 1.5 TSI EVO Manual but read the 'kangaroo' issue all over the internet about this engine.

Had the issue really been fixed? Much appreciate if anyone can share their experience of their 2021 purchase of this model. Also interested to know if you still have this issue if you have a DSG gear box. Thanks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
TARRACO2022 said:
Hello everyone,

Thinking to purchase the Tarraco 1.5 TSI EVO Manual but read the 'kangaroo' issue all over the internet about this engine.

Had the issue really been fixed? Much appreciate if anyone can share their experience of their 2021 purchase of this model. Also interested to know if you still have this issue if you have a DSG gear box. Thanks.
Categorcally yes (fixed) for the manual (I own it and confirmed from two separate dealers that the required software fix has been applied to my car). It does help that the car doesn't exhibit the problem as well :).

I have driven two DSG models with the same engine (Ateca and Tarraco) and both had it at varying degrees.

However, it needs to be stressed that a) they both were courtesy cars and difficult to know whether the fix was applied to any of them and b) the issue can be better described as "hesitancy" rather than "kangarooing" which is an issue that is specific to the DSG models (i.e. it is a gearbox issue rather than an engine one).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tarraco 1.5TSI DSG MY2021 (built in 10/2020) owner here and after 2000kms no kangaroo effect at all. Yup, the gearbox is a bit slow on D mode on accelerating due to the eco optimizations keeping selected highest gear possible and low RPMs. But it's rather a feature of the gearbox and defenitely not a kangaroo issue affecting the manual gearboxes. I also normally use S (sport) mode while the engine is cold and while driving in city to hold engine RPMs above ~1800rpms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.