Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

New to the group! Just took delivery of a new Seat Tarracco yesterday and very impressed so far.

Although I do have an issue that is driving me crazy. The sat nav thinks it's in Wolfsburg, Germany.

Has anyone had this issue before? Is there a way to reset this to your current location?

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Regards

Seb

·
Registered
105 Posts
It should pickup your position automatically no matter where you are.
It may take some time more (up to 15 minutes) if the car was not switched on and moved to another location.
Otherwise it should be instantaneous.

If it won't pick (or pick another location from afar or close but not exact) it may indicate problems with GPS receiver or more likely GPS antenna. In any case you may need to visit garage.

It's strange as that issue should be detected on Pre-delivery Inspection in your dealership.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apologies for the delay in posting but I finally go to the bottom of the problem. I took the car into a SEAT dealership who inspected the car and they notice that the GPS receiver had been damaged in transit. After much discussion with my lease company they finally agreed to pay for the damaged receiver and it's now booked in to be replaced at a cost of circa £550. As you stated I'm surprised that this was picked up when delivery was taken by the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has your Sat Nav fault now DEFINITELY been fixed? Our Tarraco (new in Sept 2019) currently has exactly the same fault, but it was fine for the first 18 months or so.
(I tried the obvious stuff - ignition off, clean the SC card contacts, try again, then repeat with the alternative SD card slot.)
I looked online for possible causes at the time, and nobody seemed to have an answer (except - POSSIBLY - the antenna grounding/wiring?).
As I have a high-spec TomTom anyway, I was reluctant to hand over the car for a lengthy investigation that might prove fruitless, and I haven't changed my mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts