Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Well in 40+ years in driving I was never particularly loyal to any car brand . However, I am now on my 3rd Seat all purchased from new.

Started with a DSG SE Tech Leon which was a revelation in terms of quality, performance and value for money.

Three years on it was a LEON ST FR 190 DSG what a car ! Absolutely storming performance and still returned around 50 mpg. The only downside was the build quality didn't seem as good as the previous one with quite a few non mechanical issues fixed by Seat under warranty. Odd things like the rear seat belts jam so you can't lower the seats.

The new vehicle - Tarraco 190 DSG Lux. Hmm. The replacement 190 bhp engine with AdBlue isn't the same beast as the FR Leon. Ok it is bigger car but whilst the Leon would happily perform in Eco mode. Eco mode on the DSG Tarraco is like driving a 1980's British made auto - clunky, noises and very, very, slow .......

Still only had it a week .....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome Sospan, congratulations on your new tarraco. I too came from a Leon. Believe me it's a total different drive but you have to remember it's much higher & much heavier. Once you put that in your mind you'll really enjoy driving it for what it is. An SUV. Oh & you won't get near 50mpg! D. :cool:

·
Registered
174 Posts
sospan said:
Hi,

Well in 40+ years in driving I was never particularly loyal to any car brand . However, I am now on my 3rd Seat all purchased from new.

Started with a DSG SE Tech Leon which was a revelation in terms of quality, performance and value for money.

Three years on it was a LEON ST FR 190 DSG what a car ! Absolutely storming performance and still returned around 50 mpg. The only downside was the build quality didn't seem as good as the previous one with quite a few non mechanical issues fixed by Seat under warranty. Odd things like the rear seat belts jam so you can't lower the seats.

The new vehicle - Tarraco 190 DSG Lux. Hmm. The replacement 190 bhp engine with AdBlue isn't the same beast as the FR Leon. Ok it is bigger car but whilst the Leon would happily perform in Eco mode. Eco mode on the DSG Tarraco is like driving a 1980's British made auto - clunky, noises and very, very, slow .......

What noise does your DSG give on eco?

·
Registered
33 Posts
sospan said:
Hi,

I had issues with Eco, specifically in the town and then it was politely pointed out to me that Eco was for motorway driving. I now use Normal and it's fine (or Sport if i'm feeling flush lol). Things have also improved with a few miles on the clock so i'm hoping you enjoy the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts