Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rather than post numerous seperate threads about my car, I will post everything within this thread. I will post here, if and when I carry out a mod to the Tarraco to personalise it to my taste and criteria. In the beginning it sure will be fast and furious but once all the mods have been done, I think my posts will slow down on this thread.

I'll try my best to document the works as I do them, so others can benefit as well.

I'll give links to where I have sourced the products for my car (hopefully there are no forum rules I will break on this)

Coming from a Auto trade background, I have a fair amount of knowledge... but more importantly the bravery to rip apart a brand new car :D

My Car: Tarraco Xcellence Lux 2.0tsi 4drive, Indium Grey, Pan Roof, Spare Wheel, Tow Bar pre-wire

So here is the list I wish to do: (pics to come)

updated 19/12/2020

New Boot light install
Blind Spot Monitoring System - Awaiting installation

De-badge of rear tailgate (Tarraco and 4 drive badges)- DONE
Noodle Overmats (didn't bother with row 3 as I always run in 5 seater mode)- DONE
Boot liner tray (not OEM)- DONE
Armrest tray- DONE
Phone Holder, semi-hidden position- DONE
LCD screen protector for media screen- DONE
LCD screen protector for digital dash- Didn't like the shiny finish, so didn't install.
Rear Passenger floor vent covers- DONE
Sonax PNS paint seal (wheels too)- DONE
Front Windscreen Sunshade- DONE
Door Striker cover plates- DONE
Front and Rear Car Video Recorder (DDpai) - DONE
Coding of for Speed Limit display, High Beam assist, FR Sport dash, stop start cancellation and Seat Belt warning delete with ODB-11 -DONE
GPS Map Update to VW.v12- DONE
Mudflaps- OE from China DONE
Boot Carpet over mats- DONE
Battery Cover- DONE
Boot Light Mod- DONE
Sunglasses.Holder- DONE
Wide Angle Door MIrror Glass- DONE
Matt Silver Door MIrror Covers- DONE
3rd row seat belt cliips- DONE
Wheel Spacers- DONE
Car Audio DSP AMP- DONE
RaceChip GTS- DONE

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bobbytoad said:
Ooh debadging the offset Tarraco really bugs me when I go last an Ateca with it symmetrical
Sorry, I'm lost with your post :lol:

My primary reason for debadging is to aid cleaning. The plainer rear does look a bit empty but to me, doesn't bother me.

For those that wish to remove badges with ease. Use boiling water. No need to faff around with dental floss etc.

As long as the car is relatively new, saying built less than 6 months prior, if you slowly pour hot water from a kettle over the badges, the heat will soften up the glue and you can then easily peel of the badge with the glue intact (on mercs, the glue is a lower temp and they actually just fall off with the water flow!). As the glue is intact, you can then keep them and replace at a later date if you wanted.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LCD screen protector for media screen

I think this is a must for our cars with the Touch Screen control.

It's super clear and went on easily. You would not know it's there.

Will add a pic later of mine fitted.

UPDATE: I gave up trying to take a pic, all you can see is a reflection of myself :mrgreen:

You'll have to believe me that you won't notice it's there!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000282886089.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.3c214c66RIOQJR&algo_pvid=0000507b-a9bc-4ccc-9eaf-fd24bf98680a&algo_expid=0000507b-a9bc-4ccc-9eaf-fd24bf98680a-3&btsid=0b0a0ad815834853370237090e0eab&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi vib1288,
Can you supply the links for the Rear Passenger floor vent covers and armrest tray please?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tic-tac-tarraco said:
vib1288 said:
LCD screen protector for media screen

I think this is a must for our cars with the Touch Screen control.

It's super clear and went on easily. You would not know it's there.

Will add a pic later of mine fitted.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000282886089.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.3c214c66RIOQJR&algo_pvid=0000507b-a9bc-4ccc-9eaf-fd24bf98680a&algo_expid=0000507b-a9bc-4ccc-9eaf-fd24bf98680a-3&btsid=0b0a0ad815834853370237090e0eab&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_
It says it won't ship to UK :(
that's strange... Try this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000282886089.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4ddO2nFE

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Huxlee said:
Whats the "Phone Holder, semi-hidden position- DONE"
With the phone holder mounted here, the top of the phone is barely visable to people outside.

You will need a sticky disc mount for a sat nav, which will stick to the steering column. The will allow you to suction the phone mount.

Near the light swicth, I made a small hole and threaded in a screw eye (eyelet screw), use this with a cable tie to secure the arm.

You could use the included stick pad support, but I find the bounce too pronouced as you can attach it close enough the magent head.

Hope my explanation is understandable!

Here is the link for the holder:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M4O6GIE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Suction disc, just ebay, plenty on there.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Noodle over mats, comes in a big roll and you just cut to size.

Softness of a deep pile, water proof of a rubber mat.

Bottom is studded to stop sliding.

I got this from China when I was there.

I have checked on google and over here it's called Spaghetti mat. However, I haven't managed to find the studded type to stop slipping. Sorry!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally had a break in the weather and managed to seal the paint and alloys with Sonax PNS.

It's not as good as a proper ceramic coating but Price v Result is hard to beat. You can buy it from Amazon for around £14-15. A Can is enough to do 3 cars.

It's very easy to apply, spray on and wipe off. A bit like Mr Sheen (for those old enough to remember!)

Loads of tutorials on youtube on application, so I won't explain it too much.

Top up with Sonax BSD every other wash and the protection will last ages.

Good thing about PNS, it can be applied on everything on the exterior and will also keep the plastic trim from going dull too.

Just make sure you use a decent PH neutral car shampoo for your regular wash to prolong the protection. I myself use Meguiars NXT car shampoo for 10 years now and find the water sheeting properties when rinsing make life much easier.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SUNSHADE:

Got this pre-cut from here:

https://window-tint.co.uk/seat-pre-cut-sunstrips/94069-seat-tarraco-2019-and-newer-pre-cut-sunstrip.html

First time I have used these guys, usually I would just cut it to size myself but for £18 and no hassle, bought it. Very happy with the fit and film quality.

Just make sure the glass is 100% clean and grease free and use some water with a drop of fairy liquid to lube it.

For more indepth method, lots of videos on youtube.

I think I got the passenger side a little too low compared to the drivers side..... :roll:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SizzlingPotato said:
Like the striker covers 👍. Is that the black or the silver cover that you got there?
Neither.... They are smoke silver. :lol:

The seller i got them from no longer listing. But there are plenty on AliExpress, just do a search.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Had some rain last night, here's a pic of the beading you get with Sonax PNS. Once you get up to speed, the water just flies off leaving a dry car.

Unlike a good wax, the Sonax PNS (polymer net shield) is a sealant. What this means in layman's terms is that it creates a barrier above the whatever its put on. This barrier is super slick and in daily life, equates to a car that is much easier to clean. Imagine a teflon coated car.

A wax will give a deep lustre which the Sonax PNS cannot compete with, however the PNS, is so easy to apply. Spray and wipe. Takes much less time to apply than a Wax and most importantly, is much more durable as a sealant than a wax. A wax will also give you the smooth as a babies bottom slippery feel. The PNS is actually grabby to touch. You won't get the smooth slide action when you run the hand over the paint (which you shouldn't do anyway!!! :D ) but the results are what I find more important than what it feels like to the touch.

I've used PNS for a years now and I like the results I get and I'm set in my car washing routine, there are newer products on the market such as Turtle wax, which reviewers say is good stuff but don't quote me on that.

https://www.turtlewax.com/en-gb/our-products/hybrid-solutions/turtle-wax-hybrid-solutions-ceramic-wax-coating/

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DASH CAM INSTALL: PART 1

Rain stopped play today so I'll post it in seperate parts. :roll:

This is the dashcam I am fitting (front and rear camera). Have this brand fitted in all my cars and even the Alhambra that I sold for the Tarraco. Picture quality is superb. I got mine from China. For some reason all the online sellors won't send it to the UK. However, please use my instructions to install your UK purchased one, they will all install in a similar manner.

Here is what I am installing:

I prefer to give my install the OEM look and thus hide all wires as much as I can. You need to remove the centre trim panel. There are 5 locating points. Point 1 (sorry picture wasn't wide enough) and 5. Point 1 is the mirror of point 5. Points 1 & 5 are plastic tabs that clip into metal receptor in the tail gate. Point 2,3,4 are metal spring clips which go into the tail gate. Use a trim remover tool and lever at these points. 1 & 5 are very tight, 2,3,4 just pop out.

To run the cable, use the right hand side Rubber Loom as its got more room to feed through the rear camera cable. Push to one side and unclip, it's quite fiddly but will come off. Once off, feed wire draw rod or draw wire to go through the rubber loom.

Once passed through, tape onto the end of the draw rod your cable and pull it through.

To save on unwanted noise in case the cable rattles, I wrap the cable in cloth wiring harness tape.

Pull off the rubber seal at the top of the tailgate and top of the pasenger door so you can access the roof lining and using your wiring rod/wire feed it through to the passenger door.

When you have fed through the rod, then tape on the cable and pull through. There are curtain airbags in the Tarraco, so make sure the cable goes behind the bag, i.e. towards the centre of the roof, so the airbag has unhindered route if it ever needs to deploy.

Here is the hardest part done, rear camera wired and rubber seal re-fitted with the camera plug ready to be plugged into the camera.

I forgot to take pics but you need to drill a hole in the panel you removed to feed the camera cable through. Then refit the tailgate trim panel.

So thats the rear camera completed. The rear camera will usually have a sticky pad but I find that they alwasy fall off, so I prefer to drill a small hole in the mount and screw through into the tailgate trim, this way, it won't fall off if the tape fails.

As you can see, doing it this way is a lot harder but gives you the OEM finish I want.

Stay tuned for Part 2, weather permitting!

1 - 20 of 193 Posts