Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone topped up AdBlue to their diesel yet? Did you fill it up yourself? Where did you buy your AdBlue from?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Simol said:
Has anyone topped up AdBlue to their diesel yet? Did you fill it up yourself? Where did you buy your AdBlue from?
My last car was a diesel Audi, I bought the AdBlue at the local Shell garage and filled it myself. Easy on the Audi, not sure about Tarraco as I have gone back to petrol.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I topped few times Ateca 2.0 and before C4 Picasso.
C4 had intake in the boot under spare wheel etc so it was pretty cumbersome. I used 10l container from local moto store.

In Ateca I just drove up to HGV pump, topped up to max, paid at pump and that's it. It was much cheaper than from the container and no leftovers.

I'm going to do the same with Tarraco but I have 800km on the clock so not time yet...

Beware - AdBlue is highly corrosive so make sure you clean up your car with plenty of water after topping up.
As precaution I just washed up whole car.
Or otherwise: I topped up before washing :lol:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have got a supply of AdBlue ready for delivery of new Tarraco. What sort of distance should I be getting before I need to top up the tank. Never had a car needing this as my Volvo doesn't use it. Most of my mileage is Motorway so does that still use the same amount of AdBlue regardless of how driven, or is it just a ratio to how much fuel is used. I am concerned it will get low and be unable to start and will be stranded somewhere. I read it will get to 1.5L and below that the car will not start. If this happens, what is the minimum to refill so you can start the car? I can carry a 2.5L can when going on holiday.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Pietre said:
I have got a supply of AdBlue ready for delivery of new Tarraco. What sort of distance should I be getting before I need to top up the tank. Never had a car needing this as my Volvo doesn't use it. Most of my mileage is Motorway so does that still use the same amount of AdBlue regardless of how driven, or is it just a ratio to how much fuel is used. I am concerned it will get low and be unable to start and will be stranded somewhere. I read it will get to 1.5L and below that the car will not start. If this happens, what is the minimum to refill so you can start the car? I can carry a 2.5L can when going on holiday.
In the manual on page 345 you have all necessary information. AdBlue tank is 18litres which is sufficient for ~15k km (~10k miles) so unless your trip will be really long and in a land without modern supplies - you don't have to carry anything.

There is some conditions about notifications given so in any case it will be long time until engine will not start.
Initial warning is at 2400km remaining range and it is displayed upon each engine start.
At 1000km remaining - there is permanent yellow light so it's not easy to miss.

Recently I was driving for 2-3 months with first warning until I decided to refill (and I still had 1200km remaining). A few years ago I was driving my Ateca on holidays from Ireland to Poland and I just topped up in Poland without any problems.

Please bear in mind that Seat recommends topping up minimum 5 litres so no point to carry 2.5l.
If you expect long trip - you can always topup to max before your journey.

·
Registered
97 Posts
pch said:
Pietre said:
In the manual on page 345 you have all necessary information. AdBlue tank is 18litres which is sufficient for ~15k km (~10k miles) so unless your trip will be really long and in a land without modern supplies - you don't have to carry anything.

There is some conditions about notifications given so in any case it will be long time until engine will not start.
Initial warning is at 2400km remaining range and it is displayed upon each engine start.

Recently I was driving for 2-3 months with first warning until I decided to refill (and I still had 1200km remaining). A few years ago I was driving my Ateca on holidays from Ireland to Poland and I just topped up in Poland without any problems.

Please bear in mind that Seat recommends topping up minimum 5 litres so no point to carry 2.5l.
Thank you for the advice. I am hoping to get the car in June or July, but still nothing from dealer about delivery confirmation. They had 2 cars on order, and allocated one of those to my order.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Pietre said:
pch said:
Pietre said:

Thank you for the advice. I am hoping to get the car in June or July, but still nothing from dealer about delivery confirmation. They had 2 cars on order, and allocated one of those to my order.
No problem. If you like to get familiar with your car before delivery you can download and read manual there: https://www.seat.com/owners/my-seat/manuals.html
You will receive car with AdBlue full (or nearly full) so no need to worry for good amount of time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts