Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having issues with connecting to Android Auto
Most of the times getting errors like on the pictures.

It's the same on both USB ports, 3 different cables and 2 different phones so I'd say something with the car.

It takes 2-5 attempts to establish connection and after that in most cases it remains stable.
It happened though that it was dropping and tried to connect again.

Two of my cables have led on phone connector and I noticed that when connection dropped the led switched off of 10-20 seconds. Then it went on and it was trying to connect again.

Any ideas?
(I'm booked in but in 3 weeks time)

Gadget Font Air travel Technology Electronic device

Font Magenta Circle Brand Logo
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stellamaris5 said:
Have yo done the message changes? Update time and date correctly on car and update Google Play services?
as first thing...
car's date/time is set by gps and never had any discrepancies.
Phone fully updated. It has been used in Ateca until 30/06 without single problem.
On 01/07 collected Tarraco and bam...

I wasn't sure abut cable (I had magnetic connector) so checked original and after few weeks ordered completely new. All the same...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
pch said:
stellamaris5 said:
Have yo done the message changes? Update time and date correctly on car and update Google Play services?
as first thing...
car's date/time is set by gps and never had any discrepancies.
Phone fully updated. It has been used in Ateca until 30/06 without single problem.
On 01/07 collected Tarraco and bam...

I wasn't sure abut cable (I had magnetic connector) so checked original and after few weeks ordered completely new. All the same...
weird, I don't know then, I use Apple Car play and get disconnects occasionally but otherwise no issues, Usually it's the cable.

Maybe call the dealer, I heard there might be a software update out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
I occasionally get this message, think it is my phone acting a slow at acknowledging the car is connected. Once I ok the errors, I press the entertainment button again that launches the Android Auto connection and then all is well. I have Plus version of SatNav / entertainment unit and am using a Sony Xperia L1 connected using standard USB cable (into USB port nearest the driver, right hand drive vehicle).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was in the service 3 or 4 more times due to this and still no solution...
So far they updated firmware (I hope... I'm not able to confirm that) and USB sockets module.

I have upgraded phone (not related to this), used few other new phones as well.

Yesterday left my car for longer diagnostics but until now got two updates that garage is waiting for Seat Ireland response, so effectively it's awaiting a miracle...

Will keep you posted
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
I had the same issue at first. But the solution is extremely simple - change the USB cable. I had bought an aftermarket cable that was supposed to be 'very high quality', but Android Auto kept on crashing several times a day. Then I found an original cable from Huawei (that was delivered with my old phone) and it works just flawlessly. Maybe had this error once or twice in last 4 months. Don't be cheap, go out and spend those 10 EUR / GBP and get an original cable from your phone manufacturer (or any other phone manufacturer) and forget about this issue once and for all :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
T.J said:
I had the same issue at first. But the solution is extremely simple - change the USB cable. I had bought an aftermarket cable that was supposed to be 'very high quality', but Android Auto kept on crashing several times a day. Then I found an original cable from Huawei (that was delivered with my old phone) and it works just flawlessly. Maybe had this error once or twice in last 4 months. Don't be cheap, go out and spend those 10 EUR / GBP and get an original cable from your phone manufacturer (or any other phone manufacturer) and forget about this issue once and for all :)
At the moment I use original Samsung cable and still having issues.
This cable is pretty inconvenient though - it's too long for the car and tangling easily so initially I used much shorter cable (good quality and expensive one) which was working without single failure for more than 2 years in my Ateca.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top