Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I've just placed an order for a 2.0 TSI DSG xcellence lux in dark camouflage - can't wait.

Are there any niggles or common faults on the Tarraco that you recommend checking on collection?

·
Registered
102 Posts
The one and only thing that annoys me, bare in my I'm very OCD so this might not annoy others but the seat belt clips for the 6th and 7th seat the clips face the wrong way so the belts get caught on the boot cover and fall out all the time, very annoying, other than that 2500 miles stress free driving :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been told I have some OCDness too :lol:

Hard to imagine how the seat belt clips are at the moment but that's crap if it keeps falling off when you close the boot door or the roller cover? Does it make any difference when the 3rd row seats are up or down?

·
Registered
436 Posts
stellamaris5 said:
SeriousDave said:
The one and only thing that annoys me, bare in my I'm very OCD so this might not annoy others but the seat belt clips for the 6th and 7th seat the clips face the wrong way so the belts get caught on the boot cover and fall out all the time, very annoying, other than that 2500 miles stress free driving :)
Same niggle, not too bothered at the moment as only done 200miles in the car so haven't got round to thinking about this yet as I have other stuff to sort out first. I've hardwired the DashCam so far. However whichever way they face they will unclip either opening or closing the cover so it doent matter. Not really an issue when using seats 6 and 7 as the seatbelts are on the passenger.

Other than that the only other niggle is that SEAT have decided not to offer the BootNet divider option (which requires anchor points in the roof) which the Tiguan AllSpace or Skoda Kodiaq have and is really good if you want to fill the boot to the roof as it's quite shallow (for us) with the slideing cover on.

Other than that nothing, quite the contrary, it's actually an amazing car with really good value for money>

·
Registered
436 Posts
Here is my handover checklist:

• VIN number check
• Long Life Service (20k miles, variable)
• Transport blocks removed
• Fold all seats, recline, slide
• Open and close all windows and sunroof
• Check engine oil
• Coolant level
• Check wipers
• Check SD card, Satnav, ICE
• Check swirl marks, scratches, dents
• Fuel/ad blue
• Tyre pressure
• Key fob, KESSY
• Virtual Pedal
• All lights, indicators
• Owner manual
• Tool kit, puncture kit
• Windscreen wash
• Wheel nut covers / unlocking nut
• Under body protection/damage etc
• Check assistance systems (lane assist, park assist, beepers)
• All three rows floor mats

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have also INSISTED the dealer valeting team DO NOT wash the car after PDI as they will often introduce tiny scratches and swirl marks from not doing the proper washing method as to them it's just another car they have to wash so they don't care.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You sound like a seasoned new car buyer stellamaris5. Have you owned a Seat before this? This is going to be my first, coming from a Karoq. Did you get lots of sticky glue leftover then when they peeled off the plastic film used for transportation?

·
Registered
436 Posts
NO mine was clean but I took it straight from show room to detailer for a ceramic coating protection package.

No I came from a 9 year old Vauxhall Astra, just lots of reading and researching.

How was the KAroq? We were actually going to buy a Kodiaq but SEAT had 0% PCP in Q1 so went for that, they are virtually the same car anyway

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have done 3000 miles now and have not had any issues yet :D :D except for one :?: , when i lock car the seat keeps going to my wife's setting with my key, :eek: i have tried numerous times to code the key to correct seat setting by holding the memory number i require and then hold the unlock button until it bleeps, fine for a day and then it will creep into the wifes setting ????. i then move it back by pressing the button it will stay again for a day or two, Trip to dealer is on the cards unless anyone has any ideas

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Tarracopad - sounds like your wife has found a way to keep the toilet seat down :lol:

Fortunately me and my wife are the same height if that's widespread. I'd love to learn what the fix is if your dealer sorts it out. Good luck.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@Tarracopad - Realised you've got the 2.0 TSI petrol and you're coming from the Areca. Did you have the petrol Ateca? How does the engine compare for you? I'm coming from a 1.5 TSI Karoq myself and I want to stick to petrol but thought the Tarraco felt heavy from stand still even with the bigger engine during my test drive. I didn't get to test it above 40 mph though - spent most of the time in city traffic.

·
Registered
436 Posts
SizzlingPotato said:
@Tarracopad - Realised you've got the 2.0 TSI petrol and you're coming from the Areca. Did you have the petrol Ateca? How does the engine compare for you? I'm coming from a 1.5 TSI Karoq myself and I want to stick to petrol but thought the Tarraco felt heavy from stand still even with the bigger engine during my test drive. I didn't get to test it above 40 mph though - spent most of the time in city traffic.
I test drove the 190 TSI three times and it felt quite fast to me. It's got the typical VW throttle lag though but once the turbo kicks in it goes very well from about 1500 revs. A remap, pedal box or ODBeleven change could easily fix this, it improves in sport mode though.
Felt very refined and quiet. I think it had around 25 MPG on average the test car but obviously it's been idling a lot. It's a heavy car, around 1700-1800 kg.
I'm coming from a petrol car and now have the 150 TDI , goes much better I love the torque. The 150 TDI has 340Nm vs the 190 TSI 320Nm torque.
If we keep the car after the PCP I will definetely remap it or add a chiptune to it, but will probably not keep it and go electric or look at the hybrid tarraco out in 2020.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The 190TDI has 400 Nm you should have test drove one, this thing feels light as a feather pulling of at lights and overtaking with 5 people onboard 😉

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
stellamaris5 said:
SizzlingPotato said:
I test drove the 190 TSI three times and it felt quite fast to me. It's got the typical VW throttle lag though but once the turbo kicks in it goes very well from about 1500 revs. A remap, pedal box or ODBeleven change could easily fix this, it improves in sport mode though.
Felt very refined and quiet. I think it had around 25 MPG on average the test car but obviously it's been idling a lot. It's a heavy car, around 1700-1800 kg.
I'm coming from a petrol car and now have the 150 TDI , goes much better I love the torque. The 150 TDI has 340Nm vs the 190 TSI 320Nm torque.
If we keep the car after the PCP I will definetely remap it or add a chiptune to it, but will probably not keep it and go electric or look at the hybrid tarraco out in 2020.
Cheers. Glad to know the power and joy comes with more revs. Would have got a diesel if I did long daily drives but i often do very short trips. Does the 2.0 TSI have a gasoline particulate filter and does it clog as easily as diesel ones with short trips?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.