Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2.0TDI Xcellence Lux. Does this use Adblue? My current Volvo does not need this hence the question.
So the second part. What Adblue do you recommend? I see genuine and Wurth Adblue along with others. I onow people with Jags that have had issues with other manf Adblue so not wanting to cause any issues. Also as a 20000 miles plus a year user, how much should I keep as backup?
Many thanks for all of the advice so far. I tried ordering my car Saturday, but the Motability site was down for maintenance.
Looking at adding mudflaps, stainless boot guard, and door catch covers. Plus anything else I think will add to make a nicer car.

·
Registered
447 Posts
adblue is all the same. when the light comes on, just fill up with a 10l can. should give you around 3-7k miles depending on your driving style, before the light comes on again. No need to keep as back up as you can buy it anywhere. Only difference is price depending where you buy from. cheapest for a 10l is around £8.

·
Registered
202 Posts
As vib says, all Adblue is to the same ISO standard. Manufactures stick their own brand label on it and double the price. :eek: I buy mine from local supermarkets.

I would steer away from the stainless steel boor guard. My Tarraco has one fitted, (it was already on it when I bought it) and it scratches very easily.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I only refill Adblue on petrol stations - on stands for HGVs - it's the same and you don't have to worry about buying too much or not enough or about spilling out - it's highly corrosive and when spilled need to flush with plenty of water.

On the station - it will stop flowing when full and you pay only for what you filled.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mcsimmo said:
As vib says, all Adblue is to the same ISO standard. Manufactures stick their own brand label on it and double the price. :eek: I buy mine from local supermarkets.

I would steer away from the stainless steel boor guard. My Tarraco has one fitted, (it was already on it when I bought it) and it scratches very easily.
Just to be certain, this is the boot guard for tailgate? I am looking at a boot liner, but with carpet, and yhey do a flap that will cover the tailgate for loading, so that looks like being the best option.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Pietre said:
Mcsimmo said:

Just to be certain, this is the boot guard for tailgate? I am looking at a boot liner, but with carpet, and yhey do a flap that will cover the tailgate for loading, so that looks like being the best option.
The one I have is a chrome protector that sits on the op of the rear bumper.

·
Registered
447 Posts
pch said:
I only refill Adblue on petrol stations - on stands for HGVs - it's the same and you don't have to worry about buying too much or not enough or about spilling out - it's highly corrosive and when spilled need to flush with plenty of water.

On the station - it will stop flowing when full and you pay only for what you filled.
I wouldn't say it is is highly corrosive... It is only if there is a constant Adblue there. If it's just a splash, it will dry out leaving a white residue that can he wiped off. However, like PCH said, any spillages when refilling, just rinse off with water.

Adblue is not brake fluid level of corrosive to paint finishes.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Pietre said:
Mcsimmo said:

I have a £3 ikea fleece blanket in black that use as the loading protector (on top of a black bumper top protector!).

Fold it in half, tuck in 1/3 of it under the boot floor board which will hold it in place, leaving 2/3 to flip down to to cover the bumper for loading. when done just flip it back into the boot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.