Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone traded in their Ateca for a Tarraco or owned one before buying theirs? What are your impressions? I am curious how the drive, comfort and highway noise levels compare. Thanks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
tmehanna said:
Has anyone traded in their Ateca for a Tarraco or owned one before buying theirs? What are your impressions? I am curious how the drive, comfort and highway noise levels compare. Thanks.
I had a loan MY21 Ateca Xperience 1.5 TSI DSG while my Tarraco was being serviced for various niggles (SE Tech 1.5 TSI manual) for two days and I wasn't impressed. I was looking forward to my baby coming back.

The thing that I liked very much about the Ateca was the tech (MIB3 with Wiress CarPlay and Charging) but as far as the rest is concerned the Tarraco wins hands down even in SE Tech trim.

Comfort was similar (both on 18" rims) but the Tarraco dampens noise much better and is a better cruiser (and is bigger). Mind you, I had a Xcellence for a day and the 19" rims make a difference (the ride is harsher) so make sure you test drive different trims before deciding.

Handling of both is very good for their size, the Ateca being smaller and lighter has the edge but not by much, it is due to Physics not the setup of any of the vehicles. The DSG gearbox was hit and miss and consistently disappointed at the lower end (either hesitating or picking the wrong gear) which was one of the reasons I decided on a manual in the first place (the Xcellence was DSG as well and I wasn't impressed by that either).

One thing that annoyed me with the Ateca (and that is purely personal preference) was the layout of the steering wheel controls, very confusing. Also, I am not sold on the change from rotary controls to buttons (both on the steering wheel and climate control) which added to the frustration. Finally, even at Xperience trim there is no Digital Cockpit with the Ateca which is standard on the Tarraco across the range.

My 2p.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.