Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I haven't had it two minutes, but I'm looking around to see if it is at all possible to add an aftermarket under-seat subwoofer to give a bit more oomph as I'm driving along in my new Tarraco :)

However, I have no idea if this is even possible with the system that is fitted! Has anyone seen anything about upgrading the sound system at all?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm interesting, reading around suggests that the standard wiring you would expect to see behind a head unit are present at the back of the little sd card/cd player box in the glove box...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stellamaris5 said:
Have you played with the equaliser?
Yeah, unfortunately it doesn't offer enough fine grain control to be able to do anything useful (like send lower frequencies to rear speakers only).

·
Registered
436 Posts
redvers76 said:
stellamaris5 said:
Have you played with the equaliser?
Yeah, unfortunately it doesn't offer enough fine grain control to be able to do anything useful (like send lower frequencies to rear speakers only).
I see , you need something better for your audiophile ears. HAve a look at stuff for the Tiguan Allspace, the electronics, seat and wiring are identical

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had my head unit out this evening, it's a MIB STD2 ZR +/NAV... from what I have found online I think I can figure out the rear speaker connections, and hook in to those for the subwoofer inputs.

I'm probably going to buy a QuadLock extender - it's an extra £30 but it does mean that any wiring splicing (and therefore any screw ups) happens on the extender, not the vehicle itself :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
The front speakers in the Tarraco can drop extremely low. You just need a DSP to control it.

I'm currently installing a sub and setting it up. In hindsight I wish I didn't open the can of worms and the sub is not giving me much.

An underseat sub definitely will be a waste of time compared to the front door output when adjusted by DSP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.