Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I had to use the Tarraco yesterday after it being sat unused for a few days.

It had several bits of bird poop over it. I have some of those bird poop removal wipes from Autoglym which I used.

But it's left those horrible marks on the paint work 馃槨

Anyone know how to remove them?

P.s. It's black paintwork.

Thanks.

Registered
You'll need to polish it out. No other magic fix I'm afraid.

As to removing the poo, it's best to soak it so it goes soft. Easiest way I found to do this is by using damp kitchen towel and laying on top. Keep the towel moist until the poo has been softened then clear it up.

If there is a lot of it, then best to wash the car.

Never ever try to remove dry poo with just a wet paper, you will risk scratching the paintwork.

Registered
As vib said wet 1st is the best way.
Try using Autoglym polish 1st as this is very safe to use.
If this don't work you might need something with a bit more cutting compound like original T cut.
If you use a good sealant on your car it's much easier to get bird poo off and adds a good lare of protection.

Registered
You mean the Autoglym Lifeshine? If so, this product is a retail level product for dealers to make serious profit out of un-knowledgable buyers. Your average Joe Bloggs will recognise the name and happy to pay over the odds for it. With any paint protection, the product used is of importance but more important than that is application. Do you really think the dealership valet staff will spend time and apply the product correctly?

That's why I said to another forum member to not fall for the Salesman Hard Sell and take that 拢300 (or whatever they decide to sell it to you for) to a proper car detailer and get it done professionally.

At the end of the day, there is 'NO' wax/sealant that will let you protect your paint for 'life' or impervious to the dreaded Bird Poo, all it will do is extend the time before it creates lasting damage. You should always remove bird poo as soon as you notice it.

Registered
As Vib said I was going to go for the dealer protection and decided against it after reading posts hear and on other reviews.

Registered
I've just had the same issue. I attempted to polish it out using Zymol wax and Autoglym scratch remover. I took my time so I wouldn't end up with a dull spot on the top of the door where the "etching" was and I was so happy when I thought I had removed it.

Two days later it was back as the wax had only hidden the mark. Thankfully my brother has a machine polishers so he gently polished the mark out last Friday. Three days later and the door still looks as good as new.

The advice I got was only a machine polisher will totally remove the etching stain on clear coat without leaving any trace whatsoever.

Registered
Chris 13 said:
I've just had the same issue. I attempted to polish it out using Zymol wax and Autoglym scratch remover. I took my time so I wouldn't end up with a dull spot on the top of the door where the "etching" was and I was so happy when I thought I had removed it.

Two days later it was back as the wax had only hidden the mark. Thankfully my brother has a machine polishers so he gently polished the mark out last Friday. Three days later and the door still looks as good as new.

The advice I got was only a machine polisher will totally remove the etching stain on clear coat without leaving any trace whatsoever.
Chris is your car black as well ?
Try a good sealant like sonax that vib recommended or I'm using dodo juice future Armor and love the stuff.
But I'm always trying new stuff on the market

Registered
Seriously, the best and cheapest way and most effective is to use baby wipes believe it or not. It removes it properly. Best to use when it's fresh and whn dry leave the wipes on it to soak for a bit.

The best wipes, for everything, are the Huggies Pure and I'm not joking

Registered
I've bought the Auto Glym wipes and they are a god send.

Bird shit is the main reason I'd never buy a black car again.

My bonnet got peppered years ago whilst on holiday on the coast....I thought I'd try removing before getting it washed, and ended up with huge swirls that needed polishing out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts