Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, We've just picked up the Terraco Excellence, and it has all features of Lane Assist/Warning, ACC, Tiredness etc, but what seems to be missing is the Blind Spot warning in the mirrors. We've asked the dealer, they've assumed, it just doesn't come with it, although they've said they will look into it further for us, but is there a setting we should be checking to ensure this is 'active'. We initially couldn't get the dipped reverse mirror to work either, but have worked that out over the past couple of days.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Only First Edition models, and no it can't be added later. In your mirror you would see the outline of th symbol and there is extra hardware, radars, in the back bumper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info everyone, so do the lower models & First Edition (SE & SE Technology) have the blind spot mirrors, but the higher spec versions don't? This seems very strange. The manual that came with the car, states it has the blind spot mirror, and makes no reference to it only be applicable to certain models. It also seems weird that the Excellence has all the other safety driving features, but excludes blind spot mirrors :eek:

It was a question we asked prior to ordering the car, and were informed it had them, and now after getting the car, finding that they don't seem to be a feature.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Had exactly the same reaction as you - why isn't it working -how do I get it to work - checked specs and alas it's not included :(
I found the feature really useful on the test drive in a first edition

·
Registered
36 Posts
It was a question we asked prior to ordering the car, and were informed it had them, and now after getting the car, finding that they don't seem to be a feature.
If you can proof that with their admission or witness, I think you have a good case to return the car for full refund if that's what you want. Dealers are not allowed to misrepresent the car they sell and it's their job to answer your question accurately. I would go back and tell them that you are very disappointed that the car was misrepresented and you were lead to believe that blind spot was a feature, perhaps mentioned you already spoke with a legal expert ;) , they will try to make it up to you somehow to save the sale and you might get free stuff if you want to keep the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.