Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find that the boot light in my Tarraco just a waste of time being in that recessed part of the boot.

I am surprised to not see a roof mounted light..... Or is there one? I'm not sure if the Non-Pan roof car has a roof mounted light?

To get some more light into the boot is going to be the next project.

·
Registered
320 Posts
No light in roof for non panoramic roof.
A nice led strip light would be great as the light on the side is pants

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a quick play and with what I have to hand, this is the best location, higher than standard and hidden by the boot cover under normal use.

I could put it higher, near the roof lining but I think that yellow panel would do my head in!

Waiting for night time to see how much it illuminates from this position before mounting permanently. Nothing would beat a high location but sometimes asthetics comes before function. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just been out... The strip I'm using is bright for sure but it still doesn't overcome the fact it's one side, leaving the otherside dark. It's also maybe too bright for the purpose. It's better than the factory light, as it's brighter and higher but the improvement is not what I had envisaged.

I've been trying out another solution and that is to add a light to the right hand side in a similar position to the facotry light on the other side. I think this will be the best solution whilst keeping it near invisible.

However, the best soloution no doubt is to fit that roof light unit from aliexpress....

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On sleeping on this project. I've ordered the roof light for £3 incl delivery. Rather have the complete selection of parts to hand and make the correct solution.

Last thing I want is holes everywhere in the car!

Will update when the part arrives.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Good stuff vib
Where are you taking your power from the original light?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Good stuff buddy and looking forward to the mod.
I'm not going to mod the Tarraco to much as on the Accord K24 I must have spent 6K 😮

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha.... I don't think I will get anywhere near 6k. I think everything so far I'm around £650 in. A big part of that is the Racechip and that's about as far as I am going to go, it's my Van at the end of the day!

The MX5 is where the money goes as that's the toy but even then, I'm nowhere near your 6k.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I had the 8th gen EX model and put OEM body kit so that was a big expense.
Remap on the Vtec
And lots more the cost adds up quick.
I think everyone mods jap cars
But now getting older gone for The Tarraco as a sensible car for my needs

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it's amazing how things change as you age..... :D

I remember as a young driver how my father always used to criticise how low, loud and harsh my cars were.... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
320 Posts
vib1288 said:
it's amazing how things change as you age..... :D

I remember as a young driver how my father always used to criticise how low, loud and harsh my cars were.... :mrgreen:
Yep me to how times are changing with age

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.