Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a common behaviour out there? Never had these sounds on the brake pedal with my cars in the past. I've reported it to my dealer but just wondering what everyone else thought.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If anyone's DSG brake pedals aren't like this, it would be useful to me if you dropped a comment too. The video is when the car was in P or N and the engine running. It also clicks once if the car was crawling forward and I brake very gently to a stop.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bobbytoad said:
Sound is normal when the car is at a standstill with auto hold engaged and you then depress the pedal.
It shouldn't make the sound when moving and pressing pedal to slow down
Hi bobbytoad. That's what I'm hoping to hear that it's not a 'characteristic'. Annoys the hell out of me when I'm crawling in traffic, braking very gently and when the car is about to stop and the pedal gets to a certain point it clicks.

So you've never heard that click while not stationary huh? I think the technician must have only tested it while stationary to think it's all normal. I'll likely have to go back there and ask for the demo car to show them it doesn't happen with all of them. That's why wanted to be sure with fellow DSG owners here on this forum. Otherwise I'd look quite silly. But still none of my crappy old cars did this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.