Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Tarraco owners,

Do you happen to know of any adapter which would allow me using Carplay without wiring the phone to the USB socket in the car?

Similar like this: https://9to5mac.com/2020/03/31/carplay-to-wireless-carplay-adapter/

The goal here would be is to still be able to use the Qi charing feature of the car. Any big adapter is out of the picture because of this.

Any comments are much appreciated.

Cheers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There's one called carlinkit that just received a v2 hardware update. I've bought one that's coming over from China sometime next week I'm hoping. I'll be testing it and I'll post up my findings as soon as I can.

Edit. The one in the article is actually the v1 adaptor that's had the v2 software installed. It still has a lot of the bugs from early models like the blue box. The v2 adaptor apparently does away with that from what I've seen from other users who've recommended it to me. Fingers crossed they're right

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have one of the Carlinkit devices - bought originally for my previous Tiguan but now installed in my new Tarraco. It works perfectly along with the Qi charging pad.

I was curious why the charging pad was discontinued after the First Edition cars - it makes the wireless CarPlay perfect.

The unit at around £135 is not cheap but it's just SO convenient to leave the phone in my pocket or pop it on the charging pad for longer journeys.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got mine through the post this morning. Cost me about £100 with free shipping. Took two weeks to get here. Just connected it and it's amazing how easily it works. Connects up a bit slower. Like maybe three to four seconds extra.

Mine is a first edition so I can just leave it on the wireless charger. I tested it with two different phones. It always connects to the most recent phone. The steering wheel controls work. I turned the car off and left it for a while and came back and it connected without any hiccups. The sound and image quality seems to be the exact same.

It has a usb a to usb c connector. Definitely worth getting.

Communication Device Gadget Portable communications device Mobile device Font

Gadget Material property Font Communication Device Gas

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Jack for the update.

My issue is with this device is that if I connect it at the shifter I will unable to use the wireless charing pad. At least not that conveniently as usual. As I can see it eats up too much space because of the adapter. It would be cool if there were adapters like the wireless mouses are using nowadays, but this is a daydream I guess. :)

I keep my hopes up and wait for a never and smaller version. :)

Thanks again!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have mine stuck to the top of the cubby hole and it's hardly noticeable. The phone sits in the charging pad with no problem.

Having the charging pad is key to the success of this because I've heard that battery usage is quite high and without the charging pad you would be forced to plug the cable in anyway on anything but short journeys.

I can't understand why VW Group seem to have deleted the QI pad on European cars but retain it in the USA.

·
Registered
36 Posts
benny_ray said:
Davewilky,

Would you mind take a photo of your setup, just me to visualize? :)

Thanks.
It's not easy to get the camera in there with the gear stick in the way but hopefully this will give you a good idea of how it looks.

Vehicle door Automotive design Bumper Personal luxury car Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awesome, thanks for the picture Dave!

This looks pretty organized and reasonable.

Thanks again for the good idea!

Cheers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.