Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't got the car yet and already looking forward to it's first wash. Got a load of auto gym gear. Was thinking of using the magna fall out to get rid of any iron. Never used a clay bar would it be worth it before a wax?

Thanks dave

·
Registered
102 Posts
I always used to use Auto Glym up u til a few years ago, I swear by Meguires I know it's a bit more expensive but it is fantastic quality, I spent a quick £60 on Amazon on the basics, then bought two new wash mitts 3 and 3 buckets, I've always used the two bucket process anyway but never thought about the wheels, so now I have a mitt and bucket just for wheels ensuring now crap of the wheels gets rubbed I to the paint work

·
Registered
436 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Here's a video comparing a turtle wax sealant against meguiars. It's called ice in the US but here in the UK it's called Turtle Wax Hybrid Sealant Hydrophobic Spray Wax. Enjoy!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Didn't realise you were going to take cleaning product info so personal haha, I wasn't slating auto Glym I didn't even say anything bad about it except I used to use it, thanks for going to the trouble to find a review for a product I don't use, I did take your advise and enjoyed it lol, I personally don't take much from reviews as I only trust first hand experience with something cheap like cleaning products, once again I'll try and be helpful and constructive and recommend products I use on a Tarraco that work well, however if you would like to find videos relating to nothing I use I would be more than happy to watch them when I have a spare few minutes 😉 below is a product that works fantastic on my Tarraco tyres it stays shiny after a wash as well next to the gel is the application device only a few ££

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
I also went with a Karcher however the car doesn't ever really get dirty enough to need it but it's handy for the patio and drive, I've taken some pics of some products I use that work great for me, really good beading on the detailer haha, the wheel and tyre cleaner really takes the crap off with no effort however I leave on a little longer than recommended, I've only needed to use it a few times as I wash the car a few times a week so it's pretty clean when I wash it, the wheel clean attachment for the Karcher is great also which I've uploaded an image off

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
The wheel cleaner bottle isn't great, it sprays to much liquid and uses it up way to quick, j transferred it to a different bottle that has a finer spray nozzle which makes it last a lot longer and work just as good, the bottle pictured is a second bottle I haven't used yet, if you can't be bothered swooping bottles etc I wouldn't buy it, the detailer is amazing awesome shine and does bead great, it's also fantastic on the windows, however it's a bit expensive to use as a detailer and window cleaner so I just use rain X on the windows, I forgot to mention my favourite cleaning product I purchased for my new car an item I've never owned before a drying towel :) absolutely amazing dries perfect and doesn't stink like a chamois leather :) I got everything from Amazon.

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yeah I got a massive thick drying towel form one of the big brands and it absorbs all of the water for the whole car. you literally just slide it over the car without pressure. THis was before the first wash, not sure how it will perform now that I washed it.

https://www.meguiars.co.uk/introducing-meguiars-supreme-drying-towel/

Spray this on https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sonax-xtreme-brilliant-shine-detailer-750ml before drying.

TOP TIP: Before drying a car with the Supreme Drying Towel, spray each panel with quik detailer or quik wax to help lubricate the surface to not only speed the removal process, but also to enhance glass and provide additional protection to your paint.

·
Registered
102 Posts
AHH love the top tip 😉 I've washed mine a few times but usually just dry it after using it and it's fine, it's only absorbing clean water so doesn't really get dirty, it works perfect though after many uses and a few washes

·
Registered
436 Posts
Davem said:
Thinking of getting a big drying towel.
I was sceptical but after using it the first time, it's amazing. No pressure or scrubbing required, I literally just glide the towel across the panels and it pick up all the water.

·
Registered
174 Posts
SeriousDave said:
Didn't realise you were going to take cleaning product info so personal haha, I wasn't slating auto Glym I didn't even say anything bad about it except I used to use it, thanks for going to the trouble to find a review for a product I don't use, I did take your advise and enjoyed it lol, I personally don't take much from reviews as I only trust first hand experience with something cheap like cleaning products, once again I'll try and be helpful and constructive and recommend products I use on a Tarraco that work well, however if you would like to find videos relating to nothing I use I would be more than happy to watch them when I have a spare few minutes 😉 below is a product that works fantastic on my Tarraco tyres it stays shiny after a wash as well next to the gel is the application device only a few ££
Think you've got the wrong end of the stick. Just sharing a product I found this week. I personally found it helpful when there are so many products on the market and not knowing what's good.

·
Registered
102 Posts
SizzlingPotato said:
SeriousDave said:
Think you've got the wrong end of the stick. Just sharing a product I found this week. I personally found it helpful when there are so many products on the market and not knowing what's good.
Here's a video comparing a turtle wax sealant against meguiars. It's called ice in the US but here in the UK it's called Turtle Wax Hybrid Sealant Hydrophobic Spray Wax. Enjoy!

You posted the above message minutes after a recommendation for Meguiars, with Enjoy! On the end.

I honestly truly was laughing when you posted it, all I'm saying is if someone says hey a VW golf is great and you have a Nissan you don't need to post a video of a VW Passat getting a poor review from some unknown reviewer and then type Enjoy! at the end of it, if you do respond with this type of behaviour at least own it and stick to your guns, I only ever try to be helpful honest and supportive on here and try not to take anything personal, if someone slated automatic gearboxes I wouldn't find a review slating manual 😉

·
Registered
174 Posts
SeriousDave said:
SizzlingPotato said:
SeriousDave said:

You posted the above message minutes after a recommendation for Meguiars, with Enjoy! On the end.

I honestly truly was laughing when you posted it, all I'm saying is if someone says hey a VW golf is great and you have a Nissan you don't need to post a video of a VW Passat getting a poor review from some unknown reviewer and then type Enjoy! at the end of it, if you do respond with this type of behaviour at least own it and stick to your guns, I only ever try to be helpful honest and supportive on here and try not to take anything personal, if someone slated automatic gearboxes I wouldn't find a review slating manual 😉
If you like to get worked up about this then I'm happy for you.

I am on the constant lookout for easy to apply and long lasting sealants. If someone has done a test so that I don't have to I would gladly see a video and give it a try or just leave it - but certainly won't be upset even if I was used to another product. It's not like you've bought a house and someone is telling you there's a better one. We're all here sharing information on how to best care for our new cars, chill out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like both autoglym and meguiars. Both are easy to work with, smell good, and last long. Used most in autoglyms line up and some of meguiars inc clay.

Autoglym gets my vote due to coolest bottles.. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.