Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took the plunge and bought the obd11 and have managed to code the traffic sign recognition and also I think I enjoy managed to could the high beam assist but I won't be able to confirm later until I take the car out for a drive in the dark. I do have the high beam symbol with the letter A next to it so I'm hopeful.

I'll post back later with the results when I take the car out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bobbytoad said:
Presumably traffic sign recognition is only available on cars with the top view camera?
From my understanding from the information if you have lane assist then you have the camera needed to activate both traffic sign recognition and high beam assist.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Nick said:
So I took the plunge and bought the obd11 and have managed to code the traffic sign recognition and also I think I enjoy managed to could the high beam assist but I won't be able to confirm later until I take the car out for a drive in the dark. I do have the high beam symbol with the letter A next to it so I'm hopeful.

PLease post what you bought exactly and what you did to code it? I have access to both iOS and Android but am confused about which generation dongle will work with either and what do I need for the one click apps to work or are they not available on the Tarraco?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Help! I too have purchased the ODB11 gadget (pro version from Amazon website) and would like to try to enable Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) ... As odb11 has no apps currently available for the Tarraco, how did you manage to turn TSR on? Any chance you can list the method/steps of post a link thereto? Thank you.😀🚘📲💻

·
Registered
62 Posts
To my knowledge, I have followed the instructions to the letter and yes, I do get the speed limit now displaying in the digital dash. Thank you for the link. However, I am not convinced that it is displaying the live camera view of the road sign but rather the speed limit listed on the SatNav mapping. To be sure, I would have to drive on a road where the speed limit has changed very recently or due to road works. Does anybody have any views (do you definitely have live camera speed signs being displayed or other road signs)?

·
Registered
105 Posts
If there is no specific limit signs (eg temporary road works etc) the system will display limit from nav database (if any) or common limit for this road type.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am driving on roads with a combination of speed limits and it is displaying the correct limit on the dashboard. However, one of the limits has changed by say 250 meters and yet it blindly follows the old limit from the up to date SatNav. Have driven about 400 miles through six speed limit areas in the last few days and methinks it is not using the camera at all to read limit signs. I have yet to come across a no overtaking sign which should also be displayed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nick said:

I tried to do this today with the OBD11 but the high beam assist kept saying it cannot connect or something. Think it was greyed out.

Could you post a step guide if at all possible as I'm inexperienced doing this but would really like to enable this feature.

Thanks

·
Registered
436 Posts
Pash said:
Nick said:

I tried to do this today with the OBD11 but the high beam assist kept saying it cannot connect or something. Think it was greyed out.

Could you post a step guide if at all possible as I'm inexperienced doing this but would really like to enable this feature.

Thanks
Did you reboot the system?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi all, can you explain the instances when you would need to do this? I'm after buying the Tarraco Xcellence (picking up on Thursday) and it says on the spec sheet that the my car will have Traffic Sign Recognition so I'm assuming I don't have to do this coding?

Is the purpose of the ODB11 coding to allow you to turn on software controlled features that are turned off as part of the factory delivery because they weren't included in the spec you bought?

Sorry for such a fundamental and probably stupid question!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I believe traffic sign recignition isnt available on any of the trim levels.... Unless its been added since.... I have tge xcellence first edition plus. So has everything except the top view cam.

So coding allows u to add features as you mention but require that you have certain hardware. In this instance the A5 camera behind rear view mirror.

Skoda kodiaqs also have traffic jam assist which is also another thing our tarracos dont have. This requires obd eleven/vcds aswell as vagcanpro. I will be getting this done by somebody soon for a small charge.

·
Registered
29 Posts
AdrianC said:
I believe traffic sign recignition isnt available on any of the trim levels.... Unless its been added since.... I have tge xcellence first edition plus. So has everything except the top view cam.

So coding allows u to add features as you mention but require that you have certain hardware. In this instance the A5 camera behind rear view mirror.

Skoda kodiaqs also have traffic jam assist which is also another thing our tarracos dont have. This requires obd eleven/vcds aswell as vagcanpro. I will be getting this done by somebody soon for a small charge.
Cheers for the background, might look into it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.