Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just collected my spanking new Tarraco yesterday - my first ever Seat. This is the wife's fourth though so they must be doing something right. It's an FR with pano roof and the 1.5 petrol DSG. I must say having spent years driving Jags, BMs and Mercs this is a breath of fresh air. Plenty of toys that come as standard, it's a lovely drive and there's not a bazillion of them on the roads. Loving it.

The instruction manual I've been given (and the online version) seems to refer to a separate stalk controlling cruise and ACC, whereas I have the multifunction steering wheel. Consequently I can't suss out how to disable cruise once set, without tapping the brakes. Any ideas? EDIT: Found it. There's a supplement hidden away in the car for the FR steering wheel referring to the extra controls. All sorted now.

Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire Car

So far I've worked out the reverse dip mirror, (despite the instruction manual being written for LHD cars!) and updated the maps. Spec wise the only thing I'm really missing is a reversing camera, so I'm on the hunt for someone to fit me one. I could do it, but really don't fancy dismantling a brand new car. Happy to live with just park pilot and the sensors for a while though.

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Loving the FR. I would have bought one myself in White if it was available when I got mine.

Enjoy it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
That looks class!

How long ago did you order yours?

I'm still waiting for my Xcelence (with Pano) and 1.5 petrol that I ordered back in February. Not sure whats going on now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pvs said:
That looks class!

How long ago did you order yours?

I'm still waiting for my Xcelence (with Pano) and 1.5 petrol that I ordered back in February. Not sure whats going on now.
Well it was a short delay from Monday to the Friday! To be fair we didn't order, it had just arrived on transporter at the dealer and was going to be registered as their demo before we swooped in. I was expecting to find it slow and unwieldy with the 1.5 petrol DSG and I'd thought we'd have come away after ordering an Ateca - but I was very pleasantly surprised on a test drive. My original plan was to drive the Tarraco and Ateca back to back, but I didn't even bother with the Ateca.

Hope yours comes soon. We're still hugely impressed with ours.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hahaha now I am in pure salty mode. That's so cool.

I phoned my dealership complaining yesterday after seeing your post, "How come they got an FR... blah blah".

Feel bad now as the dealership was really confused and looking into it.

Great to hear the 1.5 is a nice drive. I took the chance after test driving a diesel to go with the petrol.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess they really wanted the sale that week. They were certainly keen to rearrange the showroom just to get it out for a test drive,

Have you tried Carwow? I actually had a few responses for the Tarraco just the day before we test drove - so there must be stock out there somewhere?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wow exactly the same as my one which I got this week!! FR 1.5 DSG from Woking. They also sold me the showroom car only to find the same off the batch arriving the same week.

I got a huge discount suspecting Seat has a big backlog to clear from the parking lot to make space for back order backlog which post COVID I have been told is 3 months backed up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts