Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am test driving a Tarraco Xcellence Lux 150bhp Front Wheel Drive on 17th, and am concerned on what colour to order. The red and blue look very dark evden though metallic, and I have not found a white to review. As the Tarraco has its own colour range I am unable to decide on which colour. I currently have a grey Volvo XC60 that needs to go back. Also thinking of adding mudflaps to order from day one. Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have a look at the colours in the showroom and whatever floats your boat.

I was never really sold on the white, red or blue. I thought id like the dolphin grey but up close it was too much like my old car.

I ended up going for the reflex silver. Not many of them about.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Pietre said:
Hi, I am test driving a Tarraco Xcellence Lux 150bhp Front Wheel Drive on 17th, and am concerned on what colour to order. The red and blue look very dark evden though metallic, and I have not found a white to review. As the Tarraco has its own colour range I am unable to decide on which colour. I currently have a grey Volvo XC60 that needs to go back. Also thinking of adding mudflaps to order from day one. Any advice appreciated.
I have test driven deep black, indigo (urano) grey, atlantic blue and onyx white in both SE Tech (Manual) and Xcellence (DSG) trims.

As you are going for the Xcellence (Lux) trim, the chrome mouldings/inserts look infinitely better with the dark colours and overall the grey bumpers mould better with most dark colours (except the grey oddly). White didn't work for me at all in any trim (maybe in FR (Sport) trim with the body colour bumpers and the satin black insert/mouldings providing enough contrast but I haven't seen one in the flesh).

I opted for an Atlantic Blue SE Tech as I didn't like the harsh ride of the Xcellence nor the behaviour of the DSG gearbox but each to their own.

If I managed to find an SE Tech manual in deep black I would have opted for that instead but at the time of purchase none were available in that trim.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I went for the merlot red as it looked good on the FR Sport with the colour coded doors and bumpers. I thought it might be too dark being called merlot, but it's not at all, and when the sun is on it the colour really comes to life.
View attachment 691 View attachment 627 View attachment 689

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
t_v said:
Pietre said:
... Also thinking of adding mudflaps to order from day one. Any advice appreciated.
Forgot about the mudflaps, the OEMs are the definition of the word ripoff.

Get these, they are significantly cheaper and fit just as well.

Installation instructions here.
Will these fit the MY21 Tarraco?

·
Registered
306 Posts
justincm said:
t_v said:
Pietre said:
... Also thinking of adding mudflaps to order from day one. Any advice appreciated.
Forgot about the mudflaps, the OEMs are the definition of the word ripoff.

Get these, they are significantly cheaper and fit just as well.

Installation instructions here.
Will these fit the MY21 Tarraco?
Yes, same bumper, they will not fit the FR (Sport).

·
Registered
10 Posts
markymate said:
I went for the merlot red as it looked good on the FR Sport with the colour coded doors and bumpers. I thought it might be too dark being called merlot, but it's not at all, and when the sun is on it the colour really comes to life.
004.jpg003.jpg002 (2).jpg
I can't get over how good this colour looks in these pics! Placed a factory order for an FR Sport in red today, only to have to switch it to white as couldn't convince the missus that red was the way to go! Yours looks abs goregous though, I think the colour really emphasises the FR's sports look.

Do you find the red looks easy to keep clean and looks ok when slightly dirty? (My outstanding concern about white is that the moment I get any soiled spray on it it'll look filthy...)

Cheers

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hello Andy. What a shame you've changed colour. I've had so many people come up and say how fantastic it looks. It's good at hiding the dirt too, although I'm a car washing fiend, but it just looks cracking when I've giving her a good clean.
Only ever had one white car, never again!!!
Don't forget the photos when you get the car.
View attachment 711

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Absolutely Gorgeous!!!

Colour is such a toughie without actually seeing it up close - the merlot red brochure pictures look a lot darker - just like the wine, yet yours looks very similar to the desire red which I saw on a dealership Leon this week and loved. If they were still doing the Indium grey I might've considered that too but as it stands I thought the dolphin was too dark in that trim for me personally.

I'm thinking come Tuesday I ask the dealer if I can change the colour back to red then hope my wife doesn't go too ballastic when it rocks up in August... ;-)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Agree, the colour is very similar to desire red, definitely not as dark as the wine. Don't know where you live, but I'm in Hertfordshire, if you're near you could take a look!!! Bring the wife as well :D :D :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh wow - me too! I'm in Rickmansworth so I'd love to take you up on that offer to see the vehicle if it can be arranged. My wife has never actually seen one in the flesh lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
andyh said:
markymate said:
004.jpg003.jpg002 (2).jpg
How long did they quote you for delivery.i hear it's 18/20 weeks now

I can't get over how good this colour looks in these pics! Placed a factory order for an FR Sport in red today, only to have to switch it to white as couldn't convince the missus that red was the way to go! Yours looks abs goregous though, I think the colour really emphasises the FR's sports look.

Do you find the red looks easy to keep clean and looks ok when slightly dirty? (My outstanding concern about white is that the moment I get any soiled spray on it it'll look filthy...)

Cheers

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have decided on Merlot Red, and added a Panoramic Roof to the order. Mow waiting for a build date. Dealer had 2 cars on order, so have changed one of those to my spec. Hoping that will improve the delivery schedule.
I have ordered mats for the boot and matching for the rest if the car, with red highlights. Once all in place I will send images. Thank you for all of the great advice.

·
Registered
96 Posts
andyh said:
Oh wow - me too! I'm in Rickmansworth so I'd love to take you up on that offer to see the vehicle if it can be arranged. My wife has never actually seen one in the flesh lol
I've sent you a PM. You more than welcome to take a look. Let me know.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Pietre said:
I have decided on Merlot Red, and added a Panoramic Roof to the order. Mow waiting for a build date. Dealer had 2 cars on order, so have changed one of those to my spec. Hoping that will improve the delivery schedule.
I have ordered mats for the boot and matching for the rest if the car, with red highlights. Once all in place I will send images. Thank you for all of the great advice.
You wont regret ordering the pano roof. I love mine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.