Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have recently bought a 20 plate Tarraco Xcellence Lux and the DAB radio keeps dropping signal when we are listening to anything other then BBC channels. We have taken it back to our local dealership who reckon no issues are showing on the onboard computer. Is this a known issue?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Do you have DAB reception in other cars? But t-v is correct. Dash cams especially if you have a rear cam as well are documented to create interference. I discovered this on my mini by chance when I was fitting the rear cam. I had changed the aerial to a shorter one with no problems. As soon as I switched on the dashcam, lost signal.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yes we do, is that likely to be interfering?
Soz for the late reply, with the forum migration I didn't get the notification and yes, especially the cabled rear ones interfere the most.

Usually they have some kind of rudimentary insulation at the front of the connecting cable, close to where it connects to the front main body but it doesn't do much.

All stations with weak reception (i.e. everything bar the BBC) will be almost unusable and you will find that even the BBC stations will suffer on occasion in dense urban/sticks environment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We have recently bought a 20 plate Tarraco Xcellence Lux and the DAB radio keeps dropping signal when we are listening to anything other then BBC channels. We have taken it back to our local dealership who reckon no issues are showing on the onboard computer. Is this a known issue?
Did you find a solution to this? recently I had dashcam installed on my tarraco, I have lost signal as well. If I remove the cable from the rear cam DAB signal is back.

·
Registered
325 Posts
You could always screen the cable with foil

·
Registered
319 Posts
Did you find a solution to this? recently I had dashcam installed on my tarraco, I have lost signal as well. If I remove the cable from the rear cam DAB signal is back.
Ferrite core rings (the clip-ons). The best fiver I have spent recently.

You will need one or two (size according to the width of your cable, mine is 7mm) depending on the amount of interference (I used one), they have to be put as close as possible to the main body of the rear cam (if your antenna is at the back) or the front connection (if your antenna is at the front).

The front of the cable in mine (NextBase rearcam) has a substantial one installed already so was spared the hassle, the antenna is at the back anyway.

Cloud Sky Microphone Audio equipment Tints and shades

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.