Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a subject is possibly also in another thread under 'Turbo Lag' but I feel its a DSG problem that is dangerous and needs SEAT to act quickly - hence my re-post

I have the Diesel 2.0 190PS with DSG and I am experiencing intermittent lack of pick up when pulling into traffic; such as at a busy traffic island. I have had several occasions when the car just refuses to pick up in traffic and poses a real safety threat. I think that SEAT need to re-map the 'D' setting, as this is the default and is frankly dangerous. I know about using Manual override. and switching modes to Sport etc, but I cannot let my wife drive this car like this. If you have the same issues please join me via 'reply' and I will make a combined case to Seat's customer services to push for a fix. It sounds like other forum members have approached dealers without success so this needs escalating directly to SEAT or nothing will happen. I think its to do with the throttle mapping and the desire to achieve fuel economy in D? Thoughts and discussion welcomed :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
This is a common complaint among the whole of VAG group for the DSG gearbox not just affecting SEAT but also Skoda, VW etc. been around for years and has never been addressed, people deal with it in various ways but there zero to no chance that VAG will do anything about it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes @stellamaris5 - there are loads of complaints on the web concerning VW/Audi DSG lag. The older 6 speed wet clutch system and the new 7 speed dual dry clutch version seem to have issues. I would still like to raise it with SEAT Customer Services as a formal complaint, so if anyone is suffering please let me know. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
iBarryJ said:
Yes @stellamaris5 - there are loads of complaints on the web concerning VW/Audi DSG lag. The older 6 speed wet clutch system and the new 7 speed dual dry clutch version seem to have issues. I would still like to raise it with SEAT Customer Services as a formal complaint, so if anyone is suffering please let me know. :)
Hi iBarryJ, I have the same issues. I love driving the car in runs but I now find I dreading pulling onto Roundabouts such is the unpredictable performance of the gearbox. I agree it would be no harm to raise it with Seat as a group so you have my support. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Same issue for me; 190 Diesel as well.

Often a major lack of power for 2-3 seconds then suddenly loads of power. Sometimes a bit scary like you say.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had my experience of this on day 2 of ownership. I'm used to the DSG gearbox as traded in a 2.0L Golf TDI for this but I've never experienced the same issue.

With the Golf, it would be a case of putting the foot down further to compensate, this was not possible in the Tarraco no matter how far down the foot was. As Hank mentioned this is for a few seconds then suddenly loads of power. Wtf is that all about and is there a fix?

·
Registered
69 Posts
It must be the diesels only, I have the petrol 190 DSG and it's absolutely perfect. Previous car same engine and gearbox (Audi) and it was the same experience - perfect. My dad has the 7 Speed DSG in an A7 petrol and he commented how much more sharp it seems compared to his previous DCT Mercedes. Any petrol owner care to comment on their experiences? Perhaps I'm not getting myself into the traffic situations that exhibit the issue, if it's not specific to diesel DSGs

·
Registered
317 Posts
Petrol 2l 190 and no issues yet but I have only covered 250 miles.
Iv drove in all modes and all fine so far

1 - 8 of 8 Posts