1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my fellow Tarraco owners,

I am looking for a decent dash cam and found this one appears quite catchy:

https://blackvue.com/product/dr900x-2ch/

What I am not sure (as I want to hard-wire it to make the parking-recording possible without external batteries) which kind of fuse tap type shall I chose? ATO Fuse, Low-profile mini and Mini fuse, these are the options.

Also, if you have any recommendation, I'd love to see them.

Thank you for your suggestions/help in advance.

Cheers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I use Nextbase dashcams. I have upgraded from 522GW and now have 622GW. I have the rear module that plugs into the head unit so views through the car. If interested I have the 522 sitting in a box. Both can be hard wired.

·
Registered
319 Posts
benny_ray said:
Hello my fellow Tarraco owners,

I am looking for a decent dash cam and found this one appears quite catchy:

https://blackvue.com/product/dr900x-2ch/

What I am not sure (as I want to hard-wire it to make the parking-recording possible without external batteries) which kind of fuse tap type shall I chose? ATO Fuse, Low-profile mini and Mini fuse, these are the options.

Also, if you have any recommendation, I'd love to see them.

Thank you for your suggestions/help in advance.

Cheers.
Have the 622GW and it works excellently.

See here for more info on my experience.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you gentlemen.

I mostly looking for the smallest cameras to not block the outlook thorugh the windshield.

That's why I was looking for the BlackVue stuff as it is kind of compact.

But thanks for your suggestion I will consider Nextbase cams as well.

·
Registered
319 Posts
benny_ray said:
Thank you gentlemen.

I mostly looking for the smallest cameras to not block the outlook thorugh the windshield.

That's why I was looking for the BlackVue stuff as it is kind of compact.

But thanks for your suggestion I will consider Nextbase cams as well.
The 622GW even though it isn't the smallest, it is barely visible, I have it right at the left of the sensor housing and it doesn't conceal anything important (and its field of view isn't obstructed either).
Car Mirror Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive mirror

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bought a RoadAngel, as it seemed to offer everything I wanted, but at a cost. After 3 units in two weeks, with one not lasting an hour, I got a refund and bought the Nextbase 522GW. Excellent camera, and the rear camera is very good. Upgraded to 622GW as better software and performance in wet, as focuses beyond the rain on screen. Blackvue are excellent cameras, so hope you find one that suits you.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've used Blackvue products for several years as I've always liked the compact size, and they have never let me down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.