Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a dashcam in their Tarraco, and if so how did you run the wiring?

I'm happy to use one of the power sockets rather running to the fuse box.

I have a Blackvue DR430 front and rear set up from my last vehicle, but running the wiring is looking like being a problem.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link.

I'm wondering about how people have run the wiring. I'm thinking of tucking it under the edge of the roof lining then feeding it down the A pillar tucked under the rubber.

·
Registered
174 Posts
That is the most common way.

There's a more difficult way if you don't want to risk crossing the path of the A pillar air bag. That is running the cable downwards along the A pillar, behind the plastic trim covering but above the air bag. Then cross the A pillar towards the dash to enter the door frame seal when it is clear of the airbag.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SizzlingPotato said:
That is the most common way.

There's a more difficult way if you don't want to risk crossing the path of the A pillar air bag. That is running the cable downwards along the A pillar, behind the plastic trim covering but above the air bag. Then cross the A pillar towards the dash to enter the door frame seal when it is clear of the airbag.
I'll give the easy way a try....

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.