Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is a strange one. I had several years of issues with my Tarraco and been to various SEAT dealers to bottom out the issues. This week I contacted the garage that had I been using and reported more issues.

I received a surprising response that they had only worked on the car since November last year. When I mentioned the dates the vehicle had been with them since last summer, the receptionist confirmed there was no record on their system or the VAG one of having any warranty work done or indeed any time for investigation pre November.

Because of the random nature of the faults, rather than pin down the problem did they just have the car sitting there for a few days and then palm me off with the "no fault found"

Any body else had suspicions like this

·
Registered
295 Posts
So here is a strange one. I had several years of issues with my Tarraco and been to various SEAT dealers to bottom out the issues. This week I contacted the garage that had I been using and reported more issues.

I received a surprising response that they had only worked on the car since November last year. When I mentioned the dates the vehicle had been with them since last summer, the receptionist confirmed there was no record on their system or the VAG one of having any warranty work done or indeed any time for investigation pre November.

Because of the random nature of the faults, rather than pin down the problem did they just have the car sitting there for a few days and then palm me off with the "no fault found"

Any body else had suspicions like this
I have myself been a member of the Friday afternoon build club since buying my Tarraco and consequently have been on a first-name basis with all staff at the stealers.

Always ask for a job card copy, these are internal documents that need to be produced otherwise nothing gets done in a workshop, they are not updated online with SEAT and if there is no cost to the stealer, they are usually also not kept in the main system as doing so means someone somewhere needs to do their job.

You probably had the privilege of meeting the work experience person, they are totally clueless, yet allowed to deal directly with customers (because no one else really wants to, we are very annoyingly needy for wanting our car fixed dontcha know?).

·
Registered
2 Posts
OMG I've never experienced this and didn't think it was something that could happen. Thank you very much guys for sharing this. I will for sure next time ask for a job card copy (which I have no idea it existed) I might look silly the first time but I don't really care. So sorry you are going through this, I hope you can get this all sorted out :).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts