Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm trying to use the parcel shelf as I realised it's not a good idea to leave valuables in plain sight. However, when I use it, it doesn't seem to clip properly and just scrapes the side of the boot. And it just gets tangled with Seat belts.

How is it supposed to be done?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes, it's an absolute pain. Can't believe that this is the best idea that a group of professional designers could come up with. Surely it was trialled and tested at the design stage, didn't they realise that it is hopeless!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Agree it's a pain in the butt.
Iv clipped the 2 seat belts back with large paper clips and helps a lot with caching.
I'm trying to find a better solution without drilling the plastic.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Another option is to get a darker window tint on the boot and rear windows so you can't see in.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sparky13 said:
Another option is to get a darker window tint on the boot and rear windows so you can't see in.
Cars on finance, so I can't modify. On a brighter note, the virtual pedal works 100% of the time now. Now I'm trying to get ambient lighting to work.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Your other option is to pull the seat belts further out and have them behind the parcel shelf and behind the 2nd row seats. If this makes sense.

So you will need to remove the parcel shelf and have the belt hooked behind it on both sides.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am about to completely redesign this...

I bough the same black boot carpet, remove the useless foam spare wheel (I have no spare wheel so it's a waste of valuable boot space especially in 7 seat mode) and apply the carpet to the bare exposed metal where the spare wheel would go...

Let's see what it end up looking like... worst case I put the foam back...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.