Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've got a Tarraco 1.5 Excellence petrol since 3 weeks. So far driving with a lot of pleasure, but last week I got an issue with my digital cockpit. Oh looked like the software crashed and I got a black screen. So also no speed indication while driving.... Whatever I tried, I couldn't get it working again. So I disconnected the battery and got a hard reset and reboot of the sofware, resulting in a working digital cockpit. Anyone else experienced the same issue before?
If it happens again, is there also a more user friendly way to restart the digital cockpit software instead of disconnecting the minus- and plus poles of the battery? ;-)

Regards,
Roy

·
Registered
69 Posts
Press and hold the power/volume knob on the central display will reboot the digital cockpit as well. I had the maps freeze and did this to reboot it once, but the screen didn't go blank altogether like in your case. I'd suggest taking it to a dealer if it does it again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My central display was still working fine. First thing I tried was rebooting by holding the power/volume button. But after reboot of the central display, the screen of the virtual cockpit was still not working. So looks like 2 separate systems/software. The only way to reboot was to disconnect the power by disabling the battery. I will contact the dealer to ask what to do if it happens again ....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, did you ever get to the bottom of this? It's just happened to my wife.

The car cut out on her and then wouldn't start. 10 minutes later it would fire back up but the dash now looks like it's turned off except for a red triangle at the top. I have a seat tech coming out to it tomorrow but just wondered if you'd had your problem resolved and if so how?

James

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I've also had the same issue with the dashboard/digital cockpit not working on my Tarraco. I have a red warning triangle showing and that's all, no visual of speedometer or fuel level etc. Seems a common issue....Anyone figured out a simpler way of sorting this out other than disconnecting the battery?

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jamesjohn22 said:
Hi, did you ever get to the bottom of this? It's just happened to my wife.

The car cut out on her and then wouldn't start. 10 minutes later it would fire back up but the dash now looks like it's turned off except for a red triangle at the top. I have a seat tech coming out to it tomorrow but just wondered if you'd had your problem resolved and if so how?

James
Hi, I didn't had the issue the car was not starting. The issue with a black screen on my digital cockpit and only showing the red triangle was suddenly when just started the car.
I could just drive to my home, although without any speed indication ;)
At home I disconnected the battery and in that way did a hard reset of the system. It all worked fine again.
But when I went to the dealer and told about the issue, I got the advice to never do such a hard reset anymore.
Best would be to call the dealer and let them analyse the issue.

They've diagnosed the software, but couldn't find anything in the log what was pointing out the cause of the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the way, after it happened once, I gladly never had the issue anymore. So hopefully it will remain stable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had this happen on our 20 plate Xcellence.

Rather than disconnecting the battery, simply pull fuse 17 from the glove box and reinsert.

Worked like a charm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This happened so far one time on my Tarraco.

There is now a software update available.
Two weeks ago I received an e-mail with follow text from my local Seat dealer in the Netherlands:

Seat has made a software update available for your car.
The instrument panel could remain black.

Here is a small piece of text of the announcement:

Technical background
Regarding control unit: Instrument panel
On certain SEAT vehicles of the Ibiza, Arona, Ateca and Tarraco models, it is possible within the specified chassis number range that the instrument panel display will remain black and only shows a message of a fault in the display.
Measure
Cars to which this action applies will require reprogramming of the instrument panel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts