Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine was the same, one of the clips was broken off when I got the car so I think someone must have tried to prise it of with something. Its still pretty hard to get off but I use a small flat screwdriver and carefully prise the remaining tab out a bit. If you look closely you will see a small flat on the lip of the dip stick tube and if you turn the dipstick so that one of the tabs lines up with the flat then it helps withdrawing it. Hope this helps/

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JimC said:
Mine was the same, one of the clips was broken off when I got the car so I think someone must have tried to prise it of with something. Its still pretty hard to get off but I use a small flat screwdriver and carefully prise the remaining tab out a bit. If you look closely you will see a small flat on the lip of the dip stick tube and if you turn the dipstick so that one of the tabs lines up with the flat then it helps withdrawing it. Hope this helps/
Just gave it another HARD tug with the stick aligned with the flat lip and at the same time lifting the clips the best I could with my fingers. Finally it came out! The first time was insane but after doing it a few more times it seems to have loosen a bit. Thanks!

On another note. When i measured the oil level by warming up the car and then switching it off for 2 mins, I see i'm on the min mark. I've done 150 miles from new so possibly it wasn't full from the factory. Unless I'm supposed to measure it with the engine cold?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Engine cold yes, mine was at half way between minimum and maximum where it should be.

It hardly uses any oil so I wouldnt be worried just check it once a month depending on miles just to make sure.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I check mine with a cold engine the level is just below full. I wonder why you have to run the engine and basically check while warm. Anyone know. Im an 'oldie' and was always used to checking with a cold engine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Had my Tarraco for a week and, now the rain has stopped, decided to give it the once over this morning. My dipstick came out as easy as anything, no clips on the side. I have the 1.5 petrol engine, I notice that those reporting a tight dipstick have the larger engine.
Everything was in order, just needed a couple of psi in each of the tyres. Was amazed by the weight of the bonnet though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.