Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All, currently awaiting our new FR Sport 150 TDi DSG to be built - just wondering - do you get paddles on the steering column for changing the gears?

Kind of subjective as to whether or not they actually add anything to a large SUV driving experience but never had DSG before and curious. thanks very much.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Pointless on a tarraco imo. I had a 2017 cupra st300 4 drive before my 2.0tsi tarraco and used it for spirited driving now again in the cupra but never have i had the urge in the tarraco. Just not the car you need to change gears yourself really &#x1f937-2642;

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AdrianC said:
Pointless on a tarraco imo. I had a 2017 cupra st300 4 drive before my 2.0tsi tarraco and used it for spirited driving now again in the cupra but never have i had the urge in the tarraco. Just not the car you need to change gears yourself really &#x1f937-2642;
As per my original post then, I was curious as to the config fitted to the Tarraco. Just got rid of my 300. That was certainly a car you needed to change gear in yourself... hence the manual gearbox :cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mt 2.0 TSI X-L has paddles. It won't change down for engine braking so only good to drop gears before accelerating, as far as I can see. (...or am I doing it wrong?)

Once had a an Audi A5 rental car from Glasgow to Fort William and back. Amazing down shift for overtaking and winding roads to keep the power in the right spot.

·
Registered
447 Posts
BruceSEUK said:
Mt 2.0 TSI X-L has paddles. It won't change down for engine braking so only good to drop gears before accelerating, as far as I can see. (...or am I doing it wrong?)

Once had a an Audi A5 rental car from Glasgow to Fort William and back. Amazing down shift for overtaking and winding roads to keep the power in the right spot.
Not sure what you mean but 1 pull of the down paddle will put it into manual control at which the gear it was in. To get it to engine brake, you got to pull it a couple of times to get it to go into a gear lower than it was a auto DSG.

·
Registered
32 Posts
vib1288 said:
BruceSEUK said:

Not sure what you mean but 1 pull of the down paddle will put it into manual control at which the gear it was in. To get it to engine brake, you got to pull it a couple of times to get it to go into a gear lower than it was a auto DSG.
The engine revs increase on the change-down but should then drop and slow the car but it just doesn't slow the car. No matter as general advice is brake pads are cheaper than gear boxes anyway.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Totally agree that pads are cheaper than DSG clutches! I use the paddles to set up the car leading into a corner, so it's in the correct gear rather than letting the DSG change down when I accelerate out of the corner. I guess, just mimicking how I would drive a manual version. Of course 99.9% of the time it's in DSG but there is 0.1% of the time it's nice to be in control and have some fun (as much as you can rolling through a corner :D )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.