Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing ok with the current madness going on!

I've got an ex-demo Xcellence 1.5tsi 7-seater model, bought at the end of 2019. Really happy with it so far, however, got some rather big life changes coming up with the birth of our first child in the next 4 weeks and hoping for some friendly advice on how bes to combine a newborn with his car seat etc and a 3 year old Golden Retriever! :) My wife and I life in Krakow, Poland and the dog has until now for the most part always sat on the back seat with a seat cover whenever we go anywhere with her. We drove all the way to the UK and back again at the end of 2018 in my Ateca that I had until trading in for the Tarraco and she was quite happy with the back seat to herself.

With the little one on the way, I'm now trying to figure out the best approach moving forward and any suggestions for necessary purchases to make it safe and secure for all involved. Options I'm thinking (but maybe there are others):

• 1.) Travall solution with boot divider. Dog in the boot, baby on back seat. As it probably should be. Main concern with this is the dog is a bit neurotic and will most likely bark or cry the entire time she is in the boot and be scared sh*tless of any further journeys if she knows it will be in the boot. I've tried putting her in their once already and she hated it so much she almost strangled herself on her own lead trying to jump over onto the back seat.
    2.) Baby seat and dog on back seat with seat cover and some kind of 'divider' although not sure where to find such a thing. Not sure how I would arrange this otherwise, and would cause issues if my wife decides to sit on backseat with the kid.
    3.) Stick the child seat at the front, and dog on back seat. Not ideal from safety for kid, or for car sickness of my wife! Dog would be happy though I guess! :D
    4.) Refuse to take any of them anywhere in the Tarraco and just enjoy it for myself?

No solution ideal I grant you, so any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated. Have a feeling I'll have to go with option 1, and somehow train the dog to stop being a pain in the *ss, but any tips or advice from anyone who has experience or ideas, is most gratefully received! :)

Cheers

M

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
davewilky said:
We have a cage in the back for the dog - actually 2 dogs - and that leaves the dog(s) free of restrictions and the back seat free for the baby seat. This also gives the option of leaving part of the back seat down without the dog getting through but having better contact with you. The only downside is that it restricts the luggage space if that is important. The cage we have is https://arrows-uk.com/product/pet-world-car-dog-cage-crate-volkswagen-vw-tiguan-mk2-2016-onward//url]
Thank you Dave. I do have a crate that we have used in the apartment. Will see if it will fit in the bigger boot of the Tarraco as hadn't though of that. Of course as you say though it really reduces boot space and will cause issues with things like a pushchair etc. I fear I might have to go down the Travall route and figure out a way of training the dog to accept being in there. Thanks for the idea though 👍😊

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.