Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
MY22 Tarraco Xcellence 1.5 EVO TSi Manual
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, can anyone recommend sources of good quality door edge protection strips (i.e. doesn’t look naff, as much as these can’t)? Unavoidable parking next to house wall, plus extra size of the doors has resulted in the inevitable chip, passenger side. paint is oryx white which is probably the worst to fit something to aesthetically speaking but you never know.

For years my parents had a small strip of small diameter pipe foam cladding on the drive side of the house, never really questioned it as it blended in somehow, and then it struck me what it was for, genius.

cheers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've seen a few of these strips over the years and they usually seem to result in damage to the door paint from dust and dirt getting into the strip. All is well until they're removed and then it looks like someone has sandpapered the edge of the door. I've used cardboard or foam on the wall instead to give that little bit of protection.
Open to any better ideas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have the Oryx white and found these strips invaluable as I have children. One roll did the length of all 4doors! And it is basically the same colour as the car, so blends in nicely. They clean up very nicely when I wash the car, I've had no issues with rust, dirt etc.

If you get them, all I will say, is make sure your door edges are super clean BEFORE putting this on, as it is really tight, and you don't want to scratch the paint with random dirt. I would post pictures of it on my car, but I'm away on business and the car is at home at the moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Managed to get pictures of how they look on my car, excuse the dirt, it hasn't been cleaned for awhile 🤣

I also have the Oryx white and found these strips invaluable as I have children. One roll did the length of all 4doors! And it is basically the same colour as the car, so blends in nicely. They clean up very nicely when I wash the car, I've had no issues with rust, dirt etc.

If you get them, all I will say, is make sure your door edges are super clean BEFORE putting this on, as it is really tight, and you don't want to scratch the paint with random dirt. I would post pictures of it on my car, but I'm away on business and the car is at home at the moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
MY22 Tarraco Xcellence 1.5 EVO TSi Manual
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks MeanMachine, I saw those on Amazon. Point taken about having no dirt before application.
Same here, children and their grandparents popping the door before I get chance to get round and help.

Appreciate the responses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts