Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 69 plate Lux Excellence. I've had it about 6 weeks. It's just done 4000 miles. I've done about 500 miles of motorway driving in it. BUT every week the car seems to perform a DPF regeneration! This ruins my MPG! Why is this happening? Is it normal? I've switched to Seat from a BMW 5 series diesel and I've had other diesel cars, never happened before? Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
What diesel engine does your motor have? I have a 2.0l 190bhp dsg 4drive and have never been aware of it doing any diesel particle filter cleaning/regeneration. It has 40,000 ish km on the clock, mixture of local rural driving and large stints of motorway driving. Gearbox is in eco setting and driver profile is individual with strong focus on comfort.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the 2 litre diesel, but the 150hp one. It's also manual.
I've had it set to sports mode pretty much since I've had it!
I'm not heavy footed, I do a 5 mile commute each way through morning and evening traffic. Around 7:30am and 5pm traffic. I get around 40mpg on average. When it's doing it's regen thing the revs are around the 1100prm mark on idle. Then I get around 33mpg!!

Rang SEAT dealer, spoke to service manager - he said it might be the fuel I'm putting in. BUT it's pretty normal..... :shock:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Normally as well you should see a light on the dash telling you it's doing this.
Also smoke from the exhaust clearing all the crap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.