Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After nearly 2yrs, my Tarraco at 10,000miles has finally displayed the dreaded SOS call restricted, airbag error warning.

Switch off and started a few times and no clearing of error.

Guess it's a call to the dealer on Tuesday....

Does anyone know if Seat found the solution for this problem?

·
Registered
325 Posts
O no I thought we might get away with this fault and was only on 20 plus cars.
I haven’t heard of a fix yet vibe but TBO haven’t searched.
Mine is on nearly 18 k and all good so far
Only issue is still the near side middle row seat rattle.
Dealer could not find it on service 😡

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was told a while ago by Seat customer service that Skoda had found a software fix that would be give to other vw group manufacturer. Still haven’t got my new Tarraco so that’s all I know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
After nearly 2yrs, my Tarraco at 10,000miles has finally displayed the dreaded SOS call restricted, airbag error warning.

Switch off and started a few times and no clearing of error.

Guess it's a call to the dealer on Tuesday....

Does anyone know if Seat found the solution for this problem?
I've had it twice in the last 4 months, first time the fault was traced to a seat pad sensor, car was away for 10days or so. Second time it was an airbag control module, diagnosed after 1 day but part was on back order so I was without the car for over 2 weeks. Rather than the dealer, I called SEAT Breakdown Assist both times and told them due to the airbag fault I did not feel safe driving the vehicle, they provided tow away service / hire car cover on both occasions for the entire duration. Touch wood it's been okay so far, since the second repair.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Called the local dealer and they didn't have room for the car till 17th Feb!

Seat offered another dealer, 15mins further away and I took that slot as it was 25th Jan. Both slots would come with courtesy car.

Got the Bluetooth back working, for some reason the onset of the fault also switched off the Bluetooth. Switched it back on in the phone setting on the screen and all good.

Hopefully, it's a hard part at fault and not a the dodgy electronics.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally got to the seat dealer. Plugged in diagnostics and even at handing over of keys, the service assistant said it could either be software or seat belt buckle.

Did it whilst I waited and confirm it is the buckle. New one ordered for fitting next week, also whilst I wait.

Hopefully, that will sort it.

·
Registered
Seat Tarraco 1.5 TSI Xcellence
7 Posts
Yesterday the same warning showed up in my 2019 Tarraco; SOS call restricted, airbag error.
Will visit the dealer Wednesday for a diagnosis.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, this is a club I never wanted to join!! Tarraco Excellence Lux TDi DSG, 11 months old, 9950 miles, and the dreaded SOS call restricted and Airbag Error messages appeared out of the blue.

Tried the possible fix in the video I found on another thread (holding the red SOS button) but it didn't work and just kept calling a lovely woman offering me fire/ambulance!!

And Seat dealer can't fit me in for diagnosis until Wednesday, and no courtesy cars until 10 days time. Wondering if I should just call Seat Assistance instead? Do they bring you a car same day?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Well, this is a club I never wanted to join!! Tarraco Excellence Lux TDi DSG, 11 months old, 9950 miles, and the dreaded SOS call restricted and Airbag Error messages appeared out of the blue.

Tried the possible fix in the video I found on another thread (holding the red SOS button) but it didn't work and just kept calling a lovely woman offering me fire/ambulance!!

And Seat dealer can't fit me in for diagnosis until Wednesday, and no courtesy cars until 10 days time. Wondering if I should just call Seat Assistance instead? Do they bring you a car same day?
Seat Assistance every time. Maybe not same day but next day at the latest.

Last time they got me a car within 3 hours!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Was it seatblet buckle like mine?
Interestingly the 'master technician' from my Seat dealer called me back shortly after i'd booked it in for Wednesday, and he advised me that it was probably the seatbelt buckle - he said he'd had 5 or 6 Tarraco's with exactly the same problem, and every time it was a faulty microswitch in the seatbelt buckle (he said usually drivers side rear seat). He's so confident he's going to order the part in ready for Wednesday!

He also told me the car was perfectly safe to drive with the airbag and SOS warning lights on, said the SOS wouldn't dial automatically if I had a crash but would still work manually, and also said airbags would still deploy.

I'll let you know how I get on on Wednesday...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah, took me weeks to get an apppointment. I knew the car would be safe to drive so it didnt really bother me that much. Glad it was sorted out quick and simple with no tech's scratching heads. Not sure which buckle went on mine but he did say it was a buckle.

Hope the tech guesses right on yours!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well just back from the dealer, and it was exactly as they predicted - drivers side rear seatbelt buckle causing the airbag and SOS warnings. They'd ordered in the part beforehand so a quick swap for the new one and all's good again!

First time i've been to this dealer (Horton Seat in Lincoln) and I have to say I was really impressed, they couldn't have done more to make me feel like a valued customer, and whoever does their valeting is awesome as it had been done inside and out and looks like new again! I'd definitely recommend them to anyone in the Lincoln/Notts area.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've just had this same issue ping up on me!

Booked in for 15th June! (Earliest availability)

Told the guy I booked it with (Seat Dealership) that I had read what the potential problem could be to which he replied 'I wouldn't trust these social media sites, even though we have had a few people call about this issue lately'

I'll update on here with how the journey continues

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's how the dice roll... Some dealers are very up front and some just try to pull the wool over your eyes. I remember years ago on another car, the Service desk came back with my report and said I should change the front pads as they are 60% worn. I replied, that means I got 40% left? She didn't know what to say back. :ROFLMAO: Of course, I am very hands on with my cars and I knew exactly how far gone my pads were and the last place I would change them is at the stealers.

As soon as they plug in the diagnostics, it'll tell them right away.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts