Seat Tarraco Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello, From Martinique (FWI), I had the problem 2 times. The first time, airbag change, the second rear seat belt buckle change. Fingers crossed. At 25000 kms.
In another post, automatic gearbox problem, change of Mecatronik.:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Wow. I did not know the mechatronic was still a problem in the DSG. I know when the DSG was first released, VW changed so many under warranty, including at the time my B6 Passat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi. Got the same error - airbags and SOS. Turns out it's a faulty seatbelt buckle in the back. At first, the service manager tried to "school me" that I don't know how to use a seatbelt buckle and I'm bending and twisting it and this causes this error. The very next day it was enough just to pull the buckle upwards (when trying to connect the seatbelt) and the same error came back on. Then I had to school the manager on how to do their job in troubleshooting errors :) Waiting for them to replace the buckle under warranty...

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hi. Got the same error - airbags and SOS. Turns out it's a faulty seatbelt buckle in the back. At first, the service manager tried to "school me" that I don't know how to use a seatbelt buckle and I'm bending and twisting it and this causes this error. The very next day it was enough just to pull the buckle upwards (when trying to connect the seatbelt) and the same error came back on. Then I had to school the manager on how to do their job in troubleshooting errors :) Waiting for them to replace the buckle under warranty...
That's just plain stupid. You should ask the service manager after it gets changed to come out and watch you set off the Airbag/SOS warning with your way of inserting the seat belt....

The Buckle is meant to be solid enough to hold a person in an accident, which means that the force exerted on the buckle will be hundreds of KG's at the point of impact.

That's why is such a rarity to find a Service Department that don't treat you like an idiot, I got lucky and my local service centre has oodles of common sense.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After nearly 2yrs, my Tarraco at 10,000miles has finally displayed the dreaded SOS call restricted, airbag error warning.

Switch off and started a few times and no clearing of error.

Guess it's a call to the dealer on Tuesday....

Does anyone know if Seat found the solution for this problem?
I’ve had this problem 4 times now in 2 years! All they do is tell me seat belt buckle and swap it. Just waiting for number 4 now 🤬😤

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm another with the same problem. Lived with it for a couple of months but booked in at Hatfield SEAT in 4 weeks time, the earliest date they have available.

My car will be 3 years old in January, does anyone know if the warranty will cover me after that date if the same problem reoccurs, as it seems to have done for other people.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Turns out there is a recall campaign for this fault. Arnold Clark are taking my car in tomorrow and have listed this statement against the repair. " warranty recall as per campaign - 91Z9-W " so should be covered under warranty.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts