Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested to see if anyone else has this issue:

While driving the car, if I change the drive profile from normal to eco, it will stay in that mode for the rest of the journey, with the orange light lit on the selector and the dashboard saying E'7' (or which ever gear the car is in).

Once I turn the engine off and back on again, the orange light stays lit for eco mode on the selector however, on the dashboard, the mode goes back to D'7' (or which ever gear the car is in).

Is this normal or does it seem like there is a fault?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Standard I'm afraid due to EU legislation, The car has to start in Normal every time the engine starts regardless of the selector. All other settings stay in the selected setting except the engine. THis was changed not too long ago, they used to stay in mode.
In short , you have select the drive mode every time you start the engine.

I agree however, that the SEAT implementation is bad, but this has been discussed extensively on the net, check SEATCUpra.net , for example https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/eco-mode-not-saved.443591/#post-4769808

I don't have an auto so not too fussed, not sure if there is and ODB11 fix

·
Registered
27 Posts
Someone I know has the excellence first edition and is having issues , it's stays on eco and even when on normal or sport switches it self to eco, seat said fault and the car is in the garage and he in a hire car until they can fix it

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had an audi previous to this SEAT, with the auto, and it behaved the same (gearbox back from E to D when restarting even in Efficiency mode (which is analogous to Eco in the SEAT). It seems to be the VW group standard. Also it goes from S to D when restarting in sport mode too. But at least you can easily toggle D to S by pulling down on the selector, there's no way to toggle D to E without going into comfort and back to eco on the mode wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.