Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2l diesel excellence with DSG box.

It seems to have a real lag when I need to accelerate or kick down to overtake etc..
I'm sure it's a good 3 or 4 seconds sometimes before it decides what gear it wants and then goes. Once it has selected a gear it pulls hard but this lag is very annoying.

Anyone else have this issue?
Is it a known issue?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have 2l 190hp 7 speed dsg 4drive. Yes there is a lag, particularly in eco mode but I would say it is around two seconds or so. Very much a case of "what was that? Did you press something? Is that the accelerator? What does that mean I should do? Oh hang on, I remember! I should advance with haste! Give me a tick to wake up." I believe it is a known issue across VAG range, more pronounced in some and has been mentioned in some YouTube clips (my cynical self suspects it relates to a belated attempt to reduce emissions and improve fuel consumption). Mine certainly takes off like a poo off the famed spade when it reacts. Have you tried sport mode (I used it once to test the acceleration and don't recall an excessive lag, albeit that I live in eco mode permanently)?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 2L TSI 4drive DSG and find the up shifts ok however it can be a bit slow on the downchanges. Given its basically a manual box I find the box pretty impressive. I had an BMW X5 before the Terraco and its auto box was so smooth up and down but then its a different type of operation. What I have noticed is the difference between the DSG in the Terraco and the DSG in my wifes Arona. With the Arona it seems to go up through the gears very quickly and is in 7th before you know it. The Tarraco however seems to hang onto the lower gears on the same hills and takes time to get into 7th. All this in 'normal' mode and not Sport. Must be the programming?? I wonder whether the Terraco is programmed such that 7th is sort of like an overdrive as it seems to stay in sixth for longer than I would have expected before up shifting to 7th. Interestingly its slightly worse on the economy that the 6 cylinder diesel X5 and I wondered if it changed up earlier would economy improve. I have not tried eco mode so I don't know what difference this mode would make.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I've not had a DSG auto before and was just wondering. It's definitely better in sport mode so I tend to push the lever back whenever I think I might need a speedier get away. Wonder if it's possible to remap the gearbox software.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes, a remap of DSG software is possible.
In Holland several company's offer a remap of BHP and DSG.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hank said:
Thanks for the replies guys. I've not had a DSG auto before and was just wondering. It's definitely better in sport mode so I tend to push the lever back whenever I think I might need a speedier get away. Wonder if it's possible to remap the gearbox software.
It's not that DSG boxes have this lag, it's just the Tarraco DSG has this lag :( all my other autos have never had this lag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts