Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a letter from the DVLA yesterday along with a new V5C log book. SEAT had incorrectly registered my Taracco as a 5 door hatchback. My new V5C it's described as an estate. Has anyone else had this letter? What's the body type described as in your log book?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yup, same here. New log book states estate car and not 5 door hatchback.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Oh wow.... I recieved a 2nd logbook last week! Didnt actually check it. Just assumed it was a mistake. However i didnt recieve a letter, does it say tilo dispose of the old one??

Good job ive kept both

·
Registered
199 Posts
AdrianC said:
Oh wow.... I recieved a 2nd logbook last week! Didnt actually check it. Just assumed it was a mistake. However i didnt recieve a letter, does it say tilo dispose of the old one??

Good job ive kept both
My letter from SEAT/DVLA told me that the original should be destroyed when the amended one arrived.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does this mean insurance providers have to be told as the car is not as per V5, we all know how insurance companies like to use any small print to get out of paying ??

·
Registered
199 Posts
If the DVLA update your V5, then the database the insurers have will also be updated automatically, so I wouldn't worry. You could always ring them and ask for peace of mind.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 69 plate 2.0 Exellence Lux mannual and on the V5 it states that the max brake towing weight is 2000Kgs but from Seat's technical info I was expecting 2200Kgs.
I spoke with the most unhelpful DVLA and they stated that there weight was correct.
What have others got ststed on their V5s?

David

·
Registered
199 Posts
My V5 states max braked is 2400KG. (I have the 2.0 TDI 190PS Xcellence Lux 4 Drive)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got the letter from DVLA (and SEAT UK in the same envelope) today, saying I will be shortly receiving a new V5C, as the body type (5 door hatchback) is incorrect.
It does say to destroy the old V5C when the new one arrive.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just had the same as well today

1 - 13 of 13 Posts