Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Purchased Tarraco 2.0TDI (190ps) Xcellence Lux DSG 2 weeks ago but had to return to Dealer twice to sort problems. THe coasting feature in Eco mode only happens sometimes. It works in E1 - E4 upto approx 30mph always, but after that it is when in pleases in the higher gears. When it works it does in E5 -E7 then you switch off and it seems to forget it can again. This is after going from D1 to E1 on start up. The Dealer says this is normal and coasting only happens when the battery is charged enough. I thought coasting was there to improve economy and once engine was up to tempreture it would happen every time you take your foot of accelerator . Naturally the Dealer doesn't have another one for me to try. Does everyone elses work this way ? or is there a problem ?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I didn't even know the coasting function exists until I did some reading now. I haven't noticed my car cutting off the engine when I take my foot off the gas. I need to pay closer attention next time.

However reading the tiguan forums, many people see it coasting when they use eco mode. Then when they manually switch off their engine and switch it back on, they have to switch to normal and then back to eco for it to work again - eventhough it's supposed to work in both eco and normal mode.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have got into the habit of starting the car then moving back and fore to the Eco mode every time, but the coasting feature is inconsistant and so far best fuel economy is only approx 38mpg on a 140 mile journey.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm having an issue where I select Eco mode but notice the gears are still D1-7 and when I take the foot off the pedal it doesn't coast. If I turn the dial to Normal then back to Eco, it works ok. Wtf :|

·
Registered
28 Posts
csh said:
I'm having an issue where I select Eco mode but notice the gears are still D1-7 and when I take the foot off the pedal it doesn't coast. If I turn the dial to Normal then back to Eco, it works ok. Wtf :|
From the manual.
When the vehicle is switched off it will
store the driving profile that was selected
when the ignition key was removed. Nevertheless,
when the engine is restarted, the
engine and the gear will start by default in
the Normal setting. For engine and gear to
revert to the desired position, select the
corresponding drive profile again rotating
the thumbwheel (Driving Experience
Button) or on the Easy Connect display.

·
Registered
13 Posts
alas00 said:
csh said:
From the manual.
But Eco is selected when ignition key is removed. I leave it on Eco.

·
Registered
28 Posts
csh said:
alas00 said:
csh said:
From the manual.
I think the key word is "nevertheless" appears to be a bit of a strange translation.

·
Registered
13 Posts
alas00 said:
csh said:
alas00 said:
From the manual.
I think the key word is "nevertheless" appears to be a bit of a strange translation.
So every word before "nevertheless" is pointless. Seems like a flaw to me. Even the selector wheel is still highlighting Eco when I start the engine. Only gripe so far.

·
Registered
436 Posts
No, it's by design (due to EU saftery legislation) , everytime you restart your engine after removing the key it will revert back to normal setting regardless of the knob position. You have turn it away and put it back to Eco

·
Registered
436 Posts
bobbytoad said:
Mine has been set to eco since I got it and stays on eco (shows on the dash screen too) maybe it's this way as it's the manual gearbox?
correct manual is different. the auto reverts to normal mode for the gears but everything else stays (throttle, steering wheel, aircon etc)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.