Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got the above 'Emergency Call restricted' error come up. unlike my frequent 'Front assist: no sensor view' message, the emergency call restricted does not clear after switching off an on again.

Is is really workshop visit or can I clear it?

I will need a replacement car for work when it's in who should I report problem to, Seat assist, finance or dealer?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's linked to sos button which has a red light next to it now. (I think it's supposed to be green)
Get the message displayed with yellow triangle on the screen and fault list. Also have airbag error which started at same time.
Booked in with dealer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a problem with the sos button and it ended up in the garage for 5 days 😥 mine started pinging every time we went pass a SOS point on the motorway or where there was roadworks 😥 they tried to fix it in one day but after a couple of days the sos started pinging again so they took it back in and had to strip the roof lining off aswell as complete new parts 😥😥 this is when they kept it in for 5 days so they were totally satisfied it was ok (and so far so good)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a problem with the sos button and it ended up in the garage for 5 days 😥 mine started pinging every time we went pass a SOS point on the motorway or where there was roadworks 😥 they tried to fix it in one day but after a couple of days the sos started pinging again so they took it back in and had to strip the roof lining off aswell as complete new parts 😥😥 this is when they kept it in for 5 days so they were totally satisfied it was ok (and so far so good)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went back to dealer... who said they couldn't find anything wrong...which was BS because they fixed it. Unlike other fault lights once it's on it's stuck on.
Mine broke when driving on a particularly bumpy road so I assume something was dislodged, do they have SIM cards to make the emergency call?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2019 SE Tec 2.0 tdi 4drive Dsg. This problem started for me around Feb 2021 and got booked in for 18-Mar-2021 at local dealer. They said SEAT needed at least 10 occurrences to repair any parts. They got it once while they had it and then I ended up taking it back as needed car. Problem seemed to fix itself until 28-Apr-2021 it is back with a vengeance! Now it happens constantly when driving and kills the Bluetooth connection as well. I am booked in again and taking a video log on ignition too now so let's see where I get to! Anyone else had a success with clearing this nuisance fault?!

·
Registered
14 Posts
This seems to be the same (or very similar) fault to the one being discussed here.

Having taken my MY21 for a day and the SEAT dealer finding no fault they have taking back in for a couple of days next week to look harder. I get the issue every few days as well as frequent start/stop, front assist and Lane assist fault messages.

I'll feedback if they find something. They say they are planning to work with "SEAT Technical" to identify and fix the issue. From other people's experience I don't have much hope…

·
Registered
98 Posts
bobbytoad said:
I've just got the above 'Emergency Call restricted' error come up. unlike my frequent 'Front assist: no sensor view' message, the emergency call restricted does not clear after switching off an on again.

Is is really workshop visit or can I clear it?

I will need a replacement car for work when it's in who should I report problem to, Seat assist, finance or dealer?
Just read this snd am concerned I am ordering an ongoing problem!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/money/2021/may/01/vw-audi-and-skoda-owners-angry-over-fault-in-sos-warning-system

·
Registered
18 Posts
Update: car in for 2nd time. Told a software update has been released by SEAT specifically for this and had it installed. Car returned after passing a 24hr quality check (basically they kept it and test drove after). Will see if it lasts the test of time! Fingers crossed is all I can say!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have my Tarraco back today and they changed a faulty plug and cable to the antenna.
The SOS light is back to green and the fault is cleared for now. Time will tell again....! Maybe 3rd time lucky who knows...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.