Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I hope you are all well and your Tarracos are in good condition. I have a question. When i start up the engine, i leave it to run for about 20 seconds and then start driving it. After driving it for about 100-200 meters the engine noise increases a little bit and as i can see there is a slight jump on RPM too, like for example from 1300RPM lets say to 1350RPM. Any of you guys have experienced this in your Tarracos?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Could be just the automatic choke kicking in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sparky13 - I am sorry but i am not aware what automatic choke is, please can you explain a bit more?

·
Registered
On order: MY22 Xcellence Lux DSG 200 AWD
14 Posts
The electronics feed in more fuel so the engine revs higher at idle after first starting, while it warms up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Wookie,
I am reading on google about the automatic choking system and i am reading that diesels doesnt have that. I am copying the message below what i just read. It is interesting because this is happening while moving and after 100 meters lets say.

"No, diesels have no chokes or throttles to limit air to the combustion chamber. To aid in starting, light duty diesels employ electrically heated glow plugs to warm the combustion chamber. Any enrichment in the fuel mixture would be accomplished by adding extra fuel, not by restricting air".

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sorry about that lenti I didn’t relish you had a diesel.
In that case you have glow plugs that heat the diesel up first so could be the same thing from starting from cold

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Sparky13,
I am sorry i didn't tell that in the beginning. Understood on Glow plugs but does this happen after you drive after 100 meters?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Iv got a petrol and haven’t noticed before.
The diesel owners hear might be able to shed some light.
If you have warranty then drop it back to the dealership to check

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i will try to make a video and post it here. it is nothing with the car, it runs good works perfect, drives extremely good. its just that increase of sound after driving 100m after the engine startup while in cold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts