Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get frequent errors with the start-stop system now it's getting colder? It doesn't happen every time I get in the car but seems to be as often as not...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yep have had since new.
If I switch the engine off and on again it clears it so havnt been too worried.
Did take it to garage with record of times dates and they said they couldn't see any recorded faults...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bobbytoad said:
Yep have had since new.
If I switch the engine off and on again it clears it so havnt been too worried.
Did take it to garage with record of times dates and they said they couldn't see any recorded faults...
I was going to plug Carista in at the weekend to see if there was anything logged, Sounds like it might not be worth it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Start Stop system is too overzealous in my view. It can cut off engine just as you are about to launch into a busy roundabout. I've learnt to keep a bigger distance Tovar in front and creep slowly forward.
All these bugs can be adjusted if Seat chose to make some software updates.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I keep auto hold off and when I anticipate an opening coming up, lifting my foot off the brake a little starts the engine. I think wiggling the steering wheel starts it up too.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I find When I come to roundabouts if I just gently press the brakes to a stop the auto hold kicks in but the engine keeps running.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have found been on a gradient makes a difference to when it cuts in or out. Mine is a DSG and I have only had it a few days so still working out the bugs. My 05 5F Leon does similar thing

·
Registered
83 Posts
There are many variables that prevent stop start from working. Temperatures is one of them. The car will check voltage of the battery and if it cant perform the stop start it wont do so. If you have ac on heated rear window and more consumables it wont work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.