Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a year of trouble free motoring, I guess it was too good to be true!

Was coming out of an underground carpark (after parked up for 1hr) and the 'Headlight range control' warning lit up. Even after 250miles today and switching on and off the engine at destinations during the day, everytime it came back on after trying to adjust the headlight on start up.

Luckily booked in for first service in a couple of weeks, so they can sort it out then.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Fingers crossed vibe I haven't had any problems so far.
Car has just came up to 10k and 16 months old

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the OBD11 on it today to retrieve the faults and it looks like the adjustment motor in the Left headlamp is faulty.

"error C11C0F1. Lamp Beam Adjustment Motor."

·
Registered
320 Posts
It's probably the self level motor on the lights themselves.
A bit like the manual switch in other cars.
It's a requirement for HID headlights as well

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
latest update, Warning went off this morning so plugged in the ODB11.

Now has changed to intermittent short circuit.

I wonder what the Service Dept will do about it.... No doubt just clear the code in the ECU and say its fixed. :(

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE:

Have to say so far Citygate Watford VW (they have a Seat Service counter too) have been great. Excellent friendly service assistant who you can see has been in this game a long time, 50ish of age. He knew that my problems would no way be sorted in a day.

What impressed me the most is that the car was booked in for a service with courtesy car, as it was a service, they only booked the loaner for a day. He said that my problem will not be a day for sure and took the initiative extend the booking for my loaner so I didn't have to come back to have the warranty stuff sorted.

Un-fortunately my car developed more problems yesterday, luckily before the service today and I managed to get a video of the faults. Now my front headlight indicators don't work! He said the tech has plugged it into diagnostics and the faults are in memory but as sods law, they cannot duplicate it whilst with them. Lucky I had the video from the phone.

However, they accept there is a problem and the tech will continue to diagnose on Monday. I reckon the module has gone, hence all the front headlights related problem.

What was funny he said that there were a lot of static errors to which I explained that those were due to my DSP on the audio side. The diagnostics show a static fault as the CANBUS cannot see the doors speakers. Then he said was it due to the Dashcam, was it fitted recently? I said, definitely not, everything been like this since June last year, fitted by myself and I used to do this for a living. He then says, "didn't think it should but that explains a lot....The tech said he had never seen a dashcam installed so well..... " :D "But we have to ask, as we are eliminating possible reasons for the problems."

They will give me an update on Monday, but I think its either a control module or the loom is faulty.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update 28/04/2021

Service a nightmare with the fault (expected). Loaded new module software, cleared the codes.

Went to collect, 2mins down the road, faults came back which was lucky for me as I drove right back and a master Tech who had been working on it got to see the faults which they could not duplicate.

New Control Module on order now, so hopefully will sort it.

1.0TSi 95bhp Polo is surprisingly nippy and the 48mpg is lovely!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally got the car back after a couple of weeks. They fitted a new headlight control unit on the drivers side. So far so good, 100 mile trip tomorrow should really test it out.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MFC said the car was running for 6hours and did 200miles yesterday and no headlight light problem came back. Hopefully it has sorted out the issue I had. They definitely changed the module cause my High Beam Assist no longer works, time to get out the ODB11 again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.