Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all

well the miles are starting to pile up , around 1800 miles until oil and first service due (Long service schedule), probably 5 weeks to hit this. has anyone had there first service ? and what was the cost ? i know with previous cars ive owned the prices from one dealership to another can vary a lot , even when they all state its a fixed price set by the manufacturer

·
Registered
447 Posts
You should of had the option to get the service plan when you picked up the car. If not, its £398 lump sum for service pack which includes 1st and 2nd service.

With previous Alhambra, this was the cheapest solution, even with direct face to face negotiation with the dealer.

·
Registered
323 Posts
The deal I had was 2 free services
Are you sure you haven't got this on your car

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i never had the option of the new service plan or 2 free services as i bought a pre reg at a substantially reduced price, im going to start phoning around the 4 local Seat dealers next week to see how they all compare

·
Registered
202 Posts
My Tarraco was a pre reg staff car, (3 weeks old) and they offered me the Fixed price servicing plan, which I snapped up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Before the dealer realised I had the two service plan they had wanted to relieve me of some £220-odd for the first service.

Just goes to show how good value the £149 deal is for 2 services. I got the deal for free as part of the purchase so it is negotiable.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Brilliant deal Dave.

I wanted to get it but I bought through a broker and was hoping to arrange it on collection but I was told I should have purchased it from the outset. Pissed off tbh but I suppose you can't have everything

·
Registered
447 Posts
I doubt the supplying dealer would let you buy the service plan at £149, even at the time of ordering.

Just be thankful that we got our cars with more than enough discount to cover the full price service pack we have to pay for. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, i have a day off from work and had a phone around.

1. i can still take out a 2 year seat service plan directly from the seat web site £398.16
2. dealer 1 1st long life service £259 2nd service will be £299 (£558 total)
3. dealer 2 1st long life service £190 2nd service will be £220 (Pollen filter included in 2nd service) (£410 total)

quite a difference in price, still awaiting return call from 3rd dealer for prices

·
Registered
17 Posts
davewilky said:
Before the dealer realised I had the two service plan they had wanted to relieve me of some £220-odd for the first service.

Just goes to show how good value the £149 deal is for 2 services. I got the deal for free as part of the purchase so it is negotiable.
Same here. Although we also got it for free as part of the negotiations I had no idea at the time how much it was. Now we have the contract I can't believe what immense value this is. Kudos to Seat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.