Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after just 1,000 miles, we have had the misfortune of our first windscreen break 😟....looks like a loose stone chip on the motorway caught the corner of the glass and a crack 12 inches long down the drivers side appeared. My wife has been driving for about 17 years without so much as a scratch to preovious windscreens. My own new Audi got a cracked windscreen when it was ten days old, after 20 years trouble free....new cars eh? 🤨

The windscreen needs to be ordered in from Seat, replaced by the insurers fitter and then back to the garage to get the calibration done on camera/sensors.

The only silver lining is that we paid extra on our insurance for windscreen breakage, and this does not affect our no-claims discount....it sounds like an expensive job.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Leprechaun said:
Well, after just 1,000 miles, we have had the misfortune of our first windscreen break 😟....looks like a loose stone chip on the motorway caught the corner of the glass and a crack 12 inches long down the drivers side appeared. My wife has been driving for about 17 years without so much as a scratch to preovious windscreens. My own new Audi got a cracked windscreen when it was ten days old, after 20 years trouble free....new cars eh? 🤨

The windscreen needs to be ordered in from Seat, replaced by the insurers fitter and then back to the garage to get the calibration done on camera/sensors.

The only silver lining is that we paid extra on our insurance for windscreen breakage, and this does not affect our no-claims discount....it sounds like an expensive job.
Unlucky! I think SUVs are more prone to that due to the steeper angle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.